Hi

Marks

Good evening all,

I picked up a 2010 370Z last Friday so I though I would say hello and (hopefully) get a bit of advice.

I’ve been after a 2 seater for awhile as my kids now have their own cars so there is no need for the 4 seats I had in my Focus ST

The car is in good condition, the dealer resprayed the bonnet, bumper and side skirts. No damage just stone chips, so looks great.

They only problem I have and would like some advice on are the tyres.

The car came fitted with brand new ‘Accelera’ a brand I had never heard of. In the dry they seem to offer enough grip, I have been taking it easy as I am getting used to the car. Also I haven’t driven RWD for more years than I would like to mention!

But after a few hairy moments driving to work in the rain on Wednesday I looked them up and was concerned with a few BMW drivers describing them as ‘border line dangerous’! Has anybody heard off, used these?

I have raised a concern with the dealership and was told that these were fitted on the recommendation of their supplier! I am hoping we can come to some arrangement to replace them. The salesman has suggested ‘Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA’ these do seem to offer a cheaper alternative to Michelins or Prielli’s

Just wondering what people think?

Also does anyone know if Nissan recommends a tyre for the 370Z?

As this dealership is looking to sell new GTR’s and 370Z’s I am hoping that a letter of complaint to Nissan may persuade them to help me out!

Thanks

Marks

Hi and welcome to the club.

Personally I wouldn't be happy with Accelera on my Zed.

We could make this another lengthy thread about tyres but its all been covered before. Have a read through some of these - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/54-tyres/

Long story short -

Michelin Pilot Super sport are the best

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A are very good (and I believe are OEM fit for the 370z?)

Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA are a good mid-range option.

:welcome: to the forum.

Personally I've gone off Bridgestones as I had one delaminate a couple of weeks ago http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75832-unknown-noise/ . Ended up getting some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's as there weren't any super sports available. I have to say I'm impressed with them (and they're probably a bit cheaper than the super sports if budget comes in to it)

I know Ebized uses the Vredsteins and likes those (they also look nice!) To be perfectly honest, if you're paying over £150 a corner, any rubber you stick on should do a decent job at that price but we all have our preferences.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum. I can only imagine/assume that when the car turned up at the dealers, it needed new rubber, or the previous owner was on a budget. Either way, the cheapest option was chosen.

I've seen a few reports on the accelera's and, as said above, they seem to be OK in the dry and naff in the wet. Plus as we're about to hit October, it's gonna get a lot colder and wetter soon :cold:

All,

Thanks for the welcome and advice.

The dealship are offering to fit the tyres for free but at reatil price, Bridgestones or Vredestein. Think I will keep arguing for a while see if they can come up with a better offer. (Going on holiday for a week so no rush)

I will also continue to shop around and see what I can get, I have a mate who used to work for Michellin so will see if he can come up with anything.

Thanks again

Marks

PS. Like your location ATTAK, spent awhile there myself in the late 80's - god that makes me feel old!