It just keeps getting uglier and uglier...

AMT

That's awful but people will buy it just like they buy the X6 - beyond anything I could understand!

They're just status symbols (all of them really). Less than 5% of them will ever go off road (unless they crash), you rarely see them with more than 2 people onboard and 4x4 only comes in really useful about 3 or 4 days a year around here and probably 1 day a decade in London. This one really looks no different to me than all the other 4 x 4's out there in the same way that all boy bands sound the same to me :yawn: .

Pete

This one really looks no different to me than all the other 4 x 4's out there in the same way that all boy bands sound the same to me :yawn: .

Pete

Pete - sort yer sen art - 'tis way way uglier than average ( and I'm including KIAs )

people buy them for the height,

my wife has a volvo XC60 and loves it, she likes the higher driving position, the fact that getting shopping in and out is easier at the new boot height, and with kids when we look after our neice and nephew getting seats and kids in and out of the back is a lot easier.

the 4x4 factor is more a subconscious feel safe factor. all in all its a package that a lot of women find reassuring and so they sell in their masses. the badge on the front just depends where you fall in the badge snobbery scale.

Sticking up for the Chelsea tractors.... My wife's got a VW Toureg and its an awesome bit of kit... Plus I'd much prefer her and the kids be in this than an awful C1 or Ka...... Plus I get to have some fun off road or in the snow ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Mind you there are plenty of 1 Series owners out there....

My misses has a 1 series and i certainly wouldnt say its an ugly car... quite the opposite

Mine too, compared to say... A Hyundai Coupe, it's stunning :p

• Like 2

The 3.5 gen black lamps was a good looking car lol Certainly better than most BMWs ive ever seen! :p;) The 1 series has the face of someone who got punched on a weekend lol Theres nothing good looking about it. You could say its a bit...angry?....but besides that I wouldn't thank you for it. lol Mind you I don't like 'fussy' design which BMW are all over, too many lines, bits and bobs all over the car.

It looks like a Chinese copy of an X5, where they haven't quite got it right... That is truly one of the least stylish and least desirable looking cars I have ever seen. I'm guessing that's not the bog standard one either... how bad are the poverty spec ones going to be!?!

people buy them for the height,

my wife has a volvo XC60 and loves it, she likes the higher driving position, the fact that getting shopping in and out is easier at the new boot height, and with kids when we look after our neice and nephew getting seats and kids in and out of the back is a lot easier.

the 4x4 factor is more a subconscious feel safe factor. all in all its a package that a lot of women find reassuring and so they sell in their masses. the badge on the front just depends where you fall in the badge snobbery scale.

Very true, you see more women driving them than men, the lady down the lane from us has a gigantic black one and lives on her own. I very much doubt that a lot of the owners are true car enthusiasts though.

Pete

The 3.5 gen black lamps was a good looking car lol Certainly better than most BMWs ive ever seen! :p;) The 1 series has the face of someone who got punched on a weekend lol Theres nothing good looking about it. You could say its a bit...angry?....but besides that I wouldn't thank you for it. lol Mind you I don't like 'fussy' design which BMW are all over, too many lines, bits and bobs all over the car.

I had a 1st gen coupe, the S coupe, it's melted down for scrap by now, where it belongs :lol:

As for the 1 series, it looks like crap as a 5 door with standard rims, but buy the 3 door and upgrade to 18's and it looks good. I'm talking about the e81's, the new 2012(?) model isn't as nice.

Mind you there are plenty of 1 Series owners out there....

My misses has a 1 series and i certainly wouldnt say its an ugly car... quite the opposite

Mine too, compared to say... A Hyundai Coupe, it's stunning :p

Haha - ever since my first 350z, whenever we see a Hyundai Coupe my son has taken great delight in whispering, "Oh look, there's a car like yours.", because he knows how angry it makes me.

Must agree that the new BMW is fugliest.