Why shouldn't I drive a Zed?

twobears

If one more car salesman tells me that I don't look like someone who drives a Zed I think I will kick him in the shins :angry: What on earth does a Zed driver look like eh, Mr Salesman? I decided to adopt a different tactic today and actually act like the idiot that the salesmen obviously take me for so I went into the Ford dealership and asked if they had "a little blue car". After about 20 minutes Mr Patronising Salesman finally worked out that I wanted to book a test drive in a Fiesta ST2 but not before repeatedly trying to sell me a Ka. It's as though what I say doesn't register the first time. Maybe I should write it down and allow them to read and inwardly digest it before I actually speak to them? I am getting very frustrated now :(

Edited by twobears

Dont sweat it, the day after driving a 997C2S and a spanking new IS-F I was refused test drives in Focus RS's, twice. Car dealers are tools, generally speaking :lol:

I know a guy who is a helicopter salesman, at a show told a scruffily dressed guy to get of his stand as it was for potential customers only. Said guy then walked onto the stand next door and after 1/2 hour had dropped just over £8m ordering two helicopters to add to his fleet :lol:

• Like 1

Hm, obviously not just me that has problems with this type of salesman then :dry: I thought maybe it was because I wasn't in my 20s that the salesmen seemed to think I would be better off with a small, less powerful car? Two of them have even asked me if I am a 'boy racer' :wacko: How funny ... not.

Sounds like they need kicking somewhere other than shins!!! :boxing:

This can't be your first experience of male orientated car sales! Just look them in the eye and tell them they just lost themselves a sale - or even better tell their sales manager why you won't be buying from them and make sure they see you getting back into the zed :teeth::evil:

That's cos you look like a 'Smart' car driver. :p:lol:

I jest, they are just jealous as they all probably drive some boring 4 door soot chuck-er.

What's wrong with a Smart?!

I had one for a long time and it was an absolute hoot. Was a great car to mod (bigger turbo, 6 pot Tarox brakes, chunky alloys, paddle shift, uprated suspension, custom exhaust, carbon parts, paint job and the list could go on!

Fast as a zed? Clearly not, my other car was an AMG C43 if I wanted speed, but I often chose to use my Smart over my AMG! The point was you could drive it max beans and enjoy it without continually scanning for the boys in blue!

There was a really strong club scene (loads of us spent silly money on mods). Of course it had it's faults (standard suspension and shift could make it pitch, without a good size alloy it under-steered like mad, etc etc.

Twice took mine on a long weekend trip down through France and it never missed a beat - and yes I could (just!) get over 100 (on a de-restricted road of course!).

David

Who cares?

I look gay as fook when I drive the Mini, but it's fun so I don't care.

I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it is a bit annoying not to be taken seriously. Maybe I should be more assertive but it's not really my style :blush: One thing I do refuse to do, however, is take Mr Two Bears into the showroom with me because it is my car and so I will choose it entirely by myself!

Don't sweat it. This is same response I usually get talking to glamorous women :lol: It's the "you don't look like you should be talking to me" response.

Keep going and you'll find a salesman on a bad run, or with half a brain, who will treat you like a potential customer and not patronise you. Next time simply say thanks, turn around and light up the tyres as you burn through the forecourt.

• Like 1