Extra security for 350

dbass

I'm not sure what extra security you want? It has a decent immobiliser and alarm, unless your insurance company have asked for an upgrade then I wouldn't bother, even then I'd probably try and find a different insurer. Maybe a tracker is worth considering though although it won't bring down insurance costs enough to pay for it.

Any recomendations? maybe decent steering wheel lock?

Modern cars are difficult to steal, they're usually stolen by breaking in to your house and taking your keys and the very substantial steering lock I used on The MR2 had the key on the key ring :surrender: So all I can say is don't leave your keys in the back door, on the work surface next to the back door or on a key ring holder.

Pete

On a serious note, when on holiday I slap a DISCLOK on my cars and take the keys with me.

For day to day use i use a steering lock called "THE BAT" which resembles a metal baseball bat that clamps onto the steering wheel. Not as secure as the DISCLOK but smaller and quicker to use while still offering certain "security" benefits:lol:

Last thing I saw was that steering wheel locks are a waste of time. Any serious car thief can circumvent one in under 1 min and anyone that would be put off by the steering lock would have no hope with the immobilizer and door lock anyway so no point.

Hawker

Edited by hawker1986

My Merc had every latest Merc security system including a tracker, but it still managed to end up in Bulgaria,,,,!!! :scare: :scare:

you never had a merc.

TBH I doubt anyone would steal a zed not the most desirable car but they are more likely to vandalise it. So take everything with you and store sat navs including holders away.

My Merc had every latest Merc security system including a tracker, but it still managed to end up in Bulgaria,,,,!!! :scare: :scare:

you never had a merc.

TBH I doubt anyone would steal a zed not the most desirable car but they are more likely to vandalise it. So take everything with you and store sat navs including holders away.

Had 4 Merc's over the years. :surrender:

you never had a merc.

Had 4 Merc's over the years. :surrender:

The brand doesn't really mean much about what you have or haven't owned. I've had 2 Audi's in the past, they were both utter heaps, but they were Audi's!