recent purchase from tesco's

rtbiscuit

I can see what the concern is but I must admit I don't think it's a big deal. It isn't compulsory to buy from those who respond. I would always do my own research anyway. I don't blame them from responding to a warm lead. It's not as if they are offering Guava Halves in response to a need to buy a car or an exhaust or whatever. It's a free country and as far as I know the forum rules don't preclude it?

They are not household names so there are only so many ways to get noticed quickly while the need is "hot". It's business not personal B)

• Like 2

Most of the feedback is un necessary, or praises something that is standard service. Or traders I wouldn't trust a childrens toy car with get bigged up, just because its seems to be the place to promote. Others seem to buy their praise. And because its very trade centric on here you have traders jumping in on posts recommending their products, not always because its the best product or price for the member, but because its the best profit for the trader. This isn't always the case with all traders. And a lot are good and offer a good service, but its the way the forum now feels on a whole. That its set up for the traders benefit not the members benefit.

Ah, I see what you're saying it's the fact that every post about a product has a trader in advertising for their own ends. I have to agree I've never really seen it on another forum and do find it a bit odd but I just ignore it and search around for the best deals, sometimes it happens to be the traders.

As someone else has said it's usually an unwritten rule that traders stick to their cave on other forums, maybe something to be addressed?

Other than that, I don't have a problem with people being happy with a service and letting others know. If no one ever gave feedback other than negative I don't think that would inspire much confidence in the trader for potential buyers.

Traders on here are generally a good bunch, and much quicker to respond to emails than if you contacted a trader off a forum - but then again its good to be seen to be punctual on here with so many watching. I have also gotten good deals in the past for trying new products in stock, the forum works great for that.

I have to agree with Rich though, comments should really be when they are in the extreme. So either you have some fundamental problems that others should be aware of, or, flip side a trader went way beyond the call of duty (say working through the night, giving up their bank holidays, getting something to a customer earlier than any of their SLAs state in an emergency etc) - I really don't see the point of endless pages of members saying that they bought something from a trader and it arrived, if anything they should be recommending the delivery company :teeth:

I'm not sure why people are against people putting positive comments about traders? Even if they just did their job, it's nice to know from a buyers perspective that they actually do what they say they're going to.

I know from my own experience that if a trader has nothing said about them or only negative comments I generally avoid them whereas a trader that has lots of positives, even if it's just 'turned up on time and is complete', I have confidence in their ability to provide the product I'm looking to buy...

Seems a bit mental and typically British that we're only interested in reading negative comments.

I'm not sure why people are against people putting positive comments about traders? Even if they just did their job, it's nice to know from a buyers perspective that they actually do what they say they're going to.

I know from my own experience that if a trader has nothing said about them or only negative comments I generally avoid them whereas a trader that has lots of positives, even if it's just 'turned up on time and is complete', I have confidence in their ability to provide the product I'm looking to buy...

Seems a bit mental and typically British that we're only interested in reading negative comments.

Doesn't bother me either - but I guess that (only negative) is how most reviews work. You only post it if A) You receive shocking service or B) They went well above and beyond - not just "it was okay"

I found the "it was as promised" reviews quite helpful when I signed up, as I was pretty paranoid about sending not insignificant amounts to Users who might only exist in a forum. I've since learned that this place is pretty well policed by the members in that respect so I had nothing to fear, but it was nice for an early confidence build. The bit I like to try and get across in a praise is not so much when something has just arrived as promised, but when the trader has put up with my daft learner questions, which they've heard a millon times before, but they have still come across as genuine and helpful.

You can tell by their wording if someone just wants you to get buying and shut up, or is happy to help. So far I've had faster and more friendly responses to enquiries here than in places like amazon, and shockingly in plenty of real shops (take note Travel Agents!). Perhaps this is because the traders on forums are their business, but in many "real" shops the customer facing staff aren't neccessarily bothered what impression you take away from an experience.

Just open your eyes people, there are lots of other ways to get the parts you need :) I've learned the hard away, spending thousands of pounds with some traders in here that are not even talking to me anymore since I've quit using their TRIPLE PRICE service and get stuff directly from US or Japan. :D

Greedy bastards! :lol:

Edited by octet

Just open your eyes people, there are lots of other ways to get the parts you need :) I've learned the hard away, spending thousands of pounds with some traders in here that are not even talking to me anymore since I've quit using their TRIPLE PRICE service and get stuff directly from US or Japan. :D

This is a very good point - folk are free to do their research before they commit to buying - most though are too lazy or naïve to do so and expect to be able to ask a trader countless questions/ advice on set up and products and then go elsewhere :shrug:

Well...expletives aside, it is a good point. Traders here have stock, but by all means they do not have every option available for a Zed or by any means the best options. There is a 'faff factor' to importing, some traders on here have lots of experience of doing this and you will pay them to do it for you (and subsequently take the hit if something goes awry), but if you feel brave enough to sort it yourself then by all means go for it.

As a trader, (I run few business myself, so I'm the same boat) you HAVE to answer questions and be able to offer FAIR / ACCURATE advice about the products you are selling. If your service and price are reasonable, I can't see why the potential buyer who had all the questions and doubts answered will go somewhere else to make the purchase.

Trouble is when you're coming as a new member here and everybody throws PM X, PM Y, PM Z messages at you like there is no tomorrow :lol: you take everything as a helping hand, only later to realise that you've been "raped".

And if you dare to comment publicly about products or services, that is not POSITIVE, you're doomed! :lol:

This is a very good point - folk are free to do their research before they commit to buying - most though are too lazy or naïve to do so and expect to be able to ask a trader countless questions/ advice on set up and products and then go elsewhere :shrug:

Most of the feedback is un necessary, or praises something that is standard service. Or traders I wouldn't trust a childrens toy car with get bigged up, just because its seems to be the place to promote. Others seem to buy their praise. And because its very trade centric on here you have traders jumping in on posts recommending their products, not always because its the best product or price for the member, but because its the best profit for the trader. This isn't always the case with all traders. And a lot are good and offer a good service, but its the way the forum now feels on a whole. That its set up for the traders benefit not the members benefit.

+1. Just not been able to put it into the right words.

As a trader, (I run few business myself, so I'm the same boat) you HAVE to answer questions and be able to offer FAIR / ACCURATE advice about the products you are selling. If your service and price are reasonable, I can't see why the potential buyer who had all the questions and doubts answered will go somewhere else to make the purchase.

Trouble is when you're coming as a new member here and everybody throws PM X, PM Y, PM Z messages at you like there is no tomorrow :lol: you take everything as a helping hand, only later to realise that you've been "raped".

And if you dare to comment publicly about products or services, that is not POSITIVE, you're doomed! :lol:

Wallet Raped. Umm I know that feeling :(

Well...expletives aside, it is a good point. Traders here have stock, but by all means they do not have every option available for a Zed or by any means the best options. There is a 'faff factor' to importing, some traders on here have lots of experience of doing this and you will pay them to do it for you (and subsequently take the hit if something goes awry), but if you feel brave enough to sort it yourself then by all means go for it.

When you say "pay them to do it for you" does it seem fair to pay over 100% more than the US retail price? However, the price they buying is even smaller, trade prices are like 30% less than retail, in some occasions even smaller.

For instance I found out that a product I wanted was $350 from the manufacturer if you're buying 5 or more, while it was advertised for $470 on US websites. In UK they were advertised at £495 which is $723

I know you need to factor in the shipping costs, Customs, etc. but if you're not in a hurry it's well worth to do it yourself and save lots of cash, at least that's my experience, specially when you team up with other members or friends :)

If you're desperate or lazy, that's another story, but if you're newbie and very enthusiastic about your new zed, calm down and think it through before you start wasting your money :)

Wallet Raped. Umm I know that feeling :(

Ditto!

I remember a forum member on here telling a story of bad service... I seem to recall a few people were quick to defend the actions of said service provider.

So yeah, I think both good and bad feedback should be posted but without the fear of having to defend yourself and your feedback if you had a bad experience.

I wish Tesco's ran brothels then you could browse the produce and try before you buy too :shrug:

its good job M & S don't run brotherls, 'cos it wouldn't "just be a Brothel, it would be an M & S Brothel......" :wacko::surrender:

haha not me :wacko: and im not talking about just your comments, but I can guess who most people on here have had dealings with.

Id love to be able to get parts, but for example, how would I get (trying to think of a part......) a new Genuine Brembo caliper without either buying a full set 2nd hand, paying over the odds from the dealers, or importing in bulk from USA/Japan/etc.

How often one may need just one Genuine Brembo caliper? 1 in 10.000? :lol:

There is always ebay for breakers, I found some really good deals on there and you can also negotiate, make offers, etc. Very flexible sellers like:

A1 JAP SPARES - http://stores.ebay.c.../A1JAPSPARESLTD

EMPEROR TUNING - http://stores.ebay.c.../Emperor-Tuning

SAS PARTS - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sas-parts

REDCARPARTS - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/REDCARPARTS

HILLS MOTORS - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Hills-Salvage-and-Recycling-Ltd/NISSAN-/_i.html

and many many others

Edited by octet
  • Like 1