Hatchback to ZED !

hensh65

Hey,

I notice a lot of Zed owners came from Rx8, Mr2 and BMWs

Just wanted to see if anybody came from hot-hatchbacks and how they compared to your Zed.

I came from a not so hot 07 civic type S, so I found it a steep learning curve and did struggle to have any control in the corners without the traction control cutting in. Still find the car a handfull tbh but i now expect it.

any type r ? ST ? RS ? MPS ? VXR converts ?

Swopped a vectra sri diesel for mine does that count?? Otherwise a mk4 Astra GSI but I still have that, its my little pocket rocket :) Owned it nearly 5 years and never had a problem with it (touch wood). Use to think the suspension was quite hard and sporty until I bought the zed :thumbs:

I had 2 EP3 type R's and a Mk 5 Golf Gti. The Zed is very different to drive, and hardly any quicker but I find it more of an event to drive. The lack of practicality is a bit of a pain, as the hatches were great for trips to dump, DIY store, mountain bike etc.

Iv had an EP3, and went from that to an s14, S2000, Boxster S, back to an S14, then the 350Z.

I found the EP3 to the RWD S14 a huge leap, infact i crashed it while learning to drift :/

All fun and games. but as you can see I much prefer my rear wheel drive cars now lol

• Like 1

Yup, drove a JDM Dc2 for over 3 years before the Zed. Zed requires a LOT more respect but I personally find the Zed more rewarding as you need to drive it smoother instead of just chucking it into the corners. Sometimes miss incredible handling of the Dc2 but the V6 growl more than makes up for it.

Not as though the Zed has bad handling, its an incredible car and I would never go back to a fwd car now.

I came from a 1.6t corsa sri. I miss having a smaller car living in town but not the reputation of those cars or the image they project of the drivers! Before that is was a more sensible golf gti.

Also miss the sound of a turbo but a v6 and a nismo exhaust keep me content! Especially when the decats arrive!

My car is an 09 Civic ES, when we got the Zed I never really found it difficult to swap to it or drive. I find the Zed much more rewarding to drive and handling just needs to be treated with respect as others have said, wouldnt say I struggled with it. If the Mrs would take my car id drive the Zed full time no questions asked :). Next car wont be FWD, just cant justify getting rid of the Civic at the moment.

Hawker

My Zed was my first two seater sports car experience and to be honest will never go back to hot hatches or the like, it just doesn't compare. As much as my mate tries to convince me after going out in his Scooby, then his 197 Clio and now his Type S Civic, they all feel like I am driving a van. Two seater sports cars are a true feeling of driving a sports car, no matter how much power the likes of BMW or Renault throw hatches.

I came from a stripped out, modded EP3.

In a way I think it was a more fun car to drive, just point and shoot. Very easy car to drive fast.

However people say the Z isn't much faster than the ep3's but I don't agree. Top end the Z would absolutely tank a stock EP3, from 70+ miles an hour the Z is a much faster car.

Yup, I sold my Clio 182 FF to buy my Zed.

Truly love driving the Zed, but its for sale now, 'cos I don't have time to use it properly, so I'm thinking of getting another 182 as a cheap runabout :wacko:

You'll be back, well you'd better be :)
  • Like 1

Came from a not so hot stock 1.2 Clio (with a few years break in between), the Zed test drive was probably the most scared I'd ever been behind the wheel. I'm still learning the limits after 6 months and an early fright on a wet roundabout, but I do have form with RWD, used to go karting a lot as a kid :)

Yup, I sold my Clio 182 FF to buy my Zed.

Truly love driving the Zed, but its for sale now, 'cos I don't have time to use it properly, so I'm thinking of getting another 182 as a cheap runabout :wacko:

You'll be back, well you'd better be :)

Genuinely, I hope so - maybe in a 70? Can I hang around here in the meantime, please?

For me though its not the performance, its the drive...a hatch back still seems like I am sat upright in an office chair compared to a two seater.

Even more so...now your backside is about 1 inch from the ground :lol: