where to buy and fit a turbo?!?

Zed_lover

I could go out and buy a cheap Supra that would make a TT or SC Zed look like a snail :p

:teeth:

Dunno what your smiling about, you do well to buy a car that don't get pinched before you even drive it :p

That was the first one :p

My other one is fine :p

Errrrm......since when did you buy a 'cheap' soup?

Last I heard it was the same price as as 2 cheap 350's!! :lol:

As Supras go, its cheap for the spec :p

I was looking for a FI, but I don't have all the knowledge in the world.

I would just buy a TT/SC set up and take it to a garage and ask to fit.

I would learn as I went along. Obviously you need some knowledge, but the majority of that should be gained when researching it.

Such as not buying Godspeed!

Can't agree more with you Dblock :)

I did not insinuate the op not go FI but that to look at options available for the platform before making an informed choice. Technical info is not the only thing to be gained in such an endeavor but a general pros and cons view of each route out there.

It's very different from buying an OEM fettled FI car :blink:

Get it spent, I ordered my Vortech kit after a few shandy`s one night, If I had done some more extensive research it may have taken me a lot longer to get it on the car ;)

I was looking for a FI, but I don't have all the knowledge in the world.

I would just buy a TT/SC set up and take it to a garage and ask to fit.

I would learn as I went along. Obviously you need some knowledge, but the majority of that should be gained when researching it.

Such as not buying Godspeed!

Before I installed my SC the most technical thing id ever done on a car was install an air filter :lol:

Learnt a hell of a lot doing it & now will have a crack at most things :)

• Like 1

I did not insinuate the op not go FI but that to look at options available for the platform before making an informed choice. Technical info is not the only thing to be gained in such an endeavor but a general pros and cons view of each route out there.

It was the 'if you need to ask your not ready' quote I didn't agree with, not saying a little knowledge is a bad thing at all just that it isn't essential, all you need to know is how much and where to get it done, then rely on some expert advice, no need to know all the ins and outs.

I do appreciate that many on here feel different but that doesn't make one way right and one way wrong :shrug:

Lol, we're you drunk when you ordered it ?

Wish I had known. Are you in the market for a BBK yet ? If so I have a few new options we can talk about ;)

Get it spent, I ordered my Vortech kit after a few shandy`s one night, If I had done some more extensive research it may have taken me a lot longer to get it on the car ;)

• 9 months later...

Twin turbo 350Z?

Sell it and buy a GTR!

The amount of other necessary mods would cost a fortune.

Get a car suited to 500bhp!

Yup and then build that for 700hp.

Boost is like crack

• Like 2

Where's the fun in that?

Drive a GTR and find out!

You could give an Audi TT 500 bhp, but I'd sooner have a GTR or R8 V10.

Granted a GTR is an awesome car, and I would love one.

But I'd rather have a 500BHP car that I built rather than bought.

90% of the fun being a car enthusiast is playing around with the car, buying new bits, upgrading and tweaking, having something different.

You can't exactly do a whole lot to a GTR as it pretty much is a perfect setup right now.

Where's the fun in that?

Drive a GTR and find out!

You could give an Audi TT 500 bhp, but I'd sooner have a GTR or R8 V10.

Granted a GTR is an awesome car, and I would love one.

But I'd rather have a 500BHP car that I built rather than bought.

90% of the fun being a car enthusiast is playing around with the car, buying new bits, upgrading and tweaking, having something different.

You can't exactly do a whole lot to a GTR as it pretty much is a perfect setup right now.

Except get a Stage 10 package which brings it up to 1250BHP :D

A GTR is my next car; finances are well sorted for early/middle of next year and it will be getting a raise to 660 bhp from Ian Litchfield.

Why do that? Just buy a McLaren P1, it's more suited to 660 bhp. Oh wait.

• Like 1