where to buy and fit a turbo?!?

Zed_lover

Why it familiarise yourself with the FI thread and learn a bit more on FI-ing the zed before even looking at kits.

Search is your friend.

+1. If you need to ask your not ready for one.

I don't agree with that, anyone can go to a garage a buy a car with a turbo on it, they wouldn't get turned away and told to research it...

Not everyone wants to know all the ins & outs, if I had a Zed and wanted a turbo I would just take it somewhere and say 'make it so'

• Like 7

There will always be a need for constant fettling when you convert a stock engine to FI, and some people aren't ready for that (I wasn't when I did my MR2), but others are happy to live with it and either sort it themselves, or chuck money at it. A lack of knowledge shouldn't necessarily be a reason to not go FI.

• Like 3

Why it familiarise yourself with the FI thread and learn a bit more on FI-ing the zed before even looking at kits.

Search is your friend.

I don't agree with that, anyone can go to a garage a buy a car with a turbo on it, they wouldn't get turned away and told to research it...

Not everyone wants to know all the ins & outs, if I had a Zed and wanted a turbo I would just take it somewhere and say 'make it so'

Peter did exactly that with his HR at Abbey.

Only thing you need to know are if your budget is good enough for your aims. Also worthwhile knowing if car is still usable for your needs after turbo fitted.

• Like 2

Search is your friend.

Peter did exactly that with his HR at Abbey.

Only thing you need to know are if your budget is good enough for your aims. Also worthwhile knowing if car is still usable for your needs after turbo fitted.

Exactly I was thinking about Peter, I know a lot of mechanical minded people (Keyser/Bennet/Darren etc) like to do the work themselves but that doesn't mean everyone has to read all the build threads and understand it all.... I know feck all and my Jag has 2 turbo's apparently :lol:

I could go out and buy a cheap Supra that would make a TT or SC Zed look like a snail :p

• Like 1

Search is your friend.

Which is exactly what I did, but with e S/C lol

I could go out and buy a cheap Supra that would make a TT or SC Zed look like a snail :p

:teeth:

Dunno what your smiling about, you do well to buy a car that don't get pinched before you even drive it :p

Dunno what your smiling about, you do well to buy a car that don't get pinched before you even drive it :p

That was the first one :p

My other one is fine :p

That was the first one :p

My other one is fine :p

Errrrm......since when did you buy a 'cheap' soup?

Last I heard it was the same price as as 2 cheap 350's!! :lol:

Search is your friend.

I personally feel that's missing the point of it but each to their own. :thumbs:

Can't agree more with you Dblock :)

I did not insinuate the op not go FI but that to look at options available for the platform before making an informed choice. Technical info is not the only thing to be gained in such an endeavor but a general pros and cons view of each route out there.

It's very different from buying an OEM fettled FI car :blink:

• Like 1