Hensh65 Amuse GT now on!

hensh65

Nah Steven, goning to another guy as the last one pi**ed me about and chalkie as well.

Irfan,,,, between you hating sunset and having black wheels i doubt my car will wvery be too you taste :lol: however i will strive to make it bearable to look at :teeth:

• Like 1

Just a small update, someone wanted to see the bumper out the wrapping, so took it out before I put it in the van to see what it was like. Came with the mesh which I was quite impressed with!

image_zps8a754bc6.jpg

image_zps774e2485.jpg

Also it was a nice day on Sunday for a change, managed to get out and do a rimjob.... terrible I know.

The tape was fairly easy to apply although my first attempt wasn't great the rest were half decent.

image_zps42bf1782.jpg

• Like 1

Just a small update, someone wanted to see the bumper out the wrapping, so took it out before I put it in the van to see what it was like. Came with the mesh which I was quite impressed with!

That was me! Cheers hensh ,Looks really nice quality. I'd like to see what it would look like on a black zed. ie.mine. :)

• Like 1

That was me! Cheers hensh ,Looks really nice quality. I'd like to see what it would look like on a black zed. ie.mine. :)

You can buy it off me for double what i paid :lol: just left it with the body shop there for primer though!

• Like 1

looks good kris. at the next meet you will need to show me how you do your rim jobs ;)

I was very anal with it mate, made sure it was clean and dry before i started. Made sure it fitted right at the edge of the rim and if i dodnt get it perfect i would keep going.

• Like 1

You can buy it off me for double what i paid :lol: just left it with the body shop there for primer though!

:lol: bargain :lol:

• Like 1

Will the badge hole be filled? Interested in the rim protectors, need to have a good look nxt time.

Yes, there is also the 2 slots next to the badge to match the bonnet which will be filled as well. It is surprisingly easy, Maybe something you can do seeing your car is off road!!!

I've got my own bodywork issues I can't be arsed tackling so what's the chance I will do yours lol. Got a fiberglass repair kit sitting gathering dust =-/ not sure what filler I would use on yours as it probably quite bendy/flexible?

But kidding aside and you need a hand give me a shout altho bodywork isn't my speciality!

I do like the look of that bumper. Any thoughts about front number plate fitting?

I saw Octec has put the front number plate in the grill which looks pretty minted, not sure if I will have the black the same as his as I quite like mr&Mrs front end. The bumper is getting sprayed all orange then I will have it wrapped, so got time to think about it!

I've got my own bodywork issues I can't be arsed tackling so what's the chance I will do yours lol. Got a fiberglass repair kit sitting gathering dust =-/ not sure what filler I would use on yours as it probably quite bendy/flexible?

But kidding aside and you need a hand give me a shout altho bodywork isn't my speciality!

Sorry mate, I was as clear as mud there. I meant the rim tape is easy and is something you can do to your car while its in your garage :lol:

It is Duraflex and is surprisingly sturdy!!

• 1 month later...

Been an up and down week, dropped the car into the body shop on Monday for the AMS gt bumper to be fitted. I received a call on Tuesday from the body shop saying it was going to be at least 4 hours labour ti get the bumper to fit correctly which meant my price was duely altered! I called yesterday and they were still wrestling away trying to get it to fit perfect. Just off the phone there just now and they said they have got it fitting "perfect" and are very please with the result. So thankfully I am excited again to get it back. They are trying to get the paint on by tonight so I can ge thte car back tomorrow night. Saturday morning is worst case!!

I have got them to shoot the whole bumper sunset orange and the car is booked into the place that done my roof wrap and window tints to get the front bumper lip done. I think after the work that has been carried out I am going to get it clear wrapped as I dont want any stone chips after that hassel :lol:

Been an up and down week, dropped the car into the body shop on Monday for the AMS gt bumper to be fitted. I received a call on Tuesday from the body shop saying it was going to be at least 4 hours labour ti get the bumper to fit correctly which meant my price was duely altered! I called yesterday and they were still wrestling away trying to get it to fit perfect. Just off the phone there just now and they said they have got it fitting "perfect" and are very please with the result. So thankfully I am excited again to get it back. They are trying to get the paint on by tonight so I can ge thte car back tomorrow night. Saturday morning is worst case!!

I have got them to shoot the whole bumper sunset orange and the car is booked into the place that done my roof wrap and window tints to get the front bumper lip done. I think after the work that has been carried out I am going to get it clear wrapped as I dont want any stone chips after that hassel :lol:

Leave the wrap 6 weeks for the paint to harden or the wrap could damage it :)

• Like 1

I will be wrapping the bottom lip black anyways and just hope it doesnt cause too much damage!! It was imported in, the bumper is extreme dimensions.

I get my stuff done out your neck of the woods jay, EK. The guy does sunroofs as well, think its Milton road or something its called. Next to the coca cola factory.

• Like 1