Car running through a Red light on my travels... extra video added page 7

Simple, forward to police. Surely that will do as evidence. Almost ran some pedestrians over as well.

Hardly? I didn't see anyone on the road.

Tbh that was a tiny mistake and you out his reg for it? You have become a jobs worth from the sounds of it.

Whilst your posting people's regs up you fancy putting your up too? Plus your exhaust sounds fairly loud and music sounds irresponsibly loud too.

• Like 2

Didn't know you've moved over to the forum police, I'll have to take a note of that.

Either way, if you think that's a tiny mistake, go for it. Lets hope he's the one that doesn't sideswipe you across some crossroads or something.

I'll actually withdraw the pedestrians, they're miles away.

Edited by Wasso

Tbh that was a tiny mistake and you out his reg for it? You have become a jobs worth from the sounds of it.

I'm going to quote this, for that time when someone jumps a red light and ploughs into the side of your car. Will it just be a tiny mistake then?

• Like 1

I'm going to quote this, for that time when someone jumps a red light and ploughs into the side of your car. Will it just be a tiny mistake then?

+1

+1

+2

Maybe you do that sort of thing then Dblock?

There's times when people are just on the change, but that's a blatant jumping of lights, no matter which way you look at it, he purposes chose to cross a red light.

On a somewhat related question, at what point are you regarded as going thru a red light, by that I mean if it's amber when you cross the white line could you ever be done for going thru a red light if it then goes red as your full car is going over the white line?

Just trying to find out where it starts and ends?

I was always taught amber meant you were to stop as red is imminent and there is no real excuse for saying "I couldn't stop in time" as you are meant to be ready to stop at such junctions at any time by reducing your speed etc etc

That said in real world amber seems to be a signal to speed up so you don't get stuck at a red light - I believe we are all a little guilty of this.

I was always taught amber meant you were to stop as red is imminent and there is no real excuse for saying "I couldn't stop in time" as you are meant to be ready to stop at such junctions at any time by reducing your speed etc etc

That said in real world amber seems to be a signal to speed up so you don't get stuck at a red light - I believe we are all a little guilty of this.

If your doing the legal limit of 30 approaching a traffic light and your 20 feet away and it turns amber, would you stop? Since the highway code states the stopping distance at 30mph is 75 feet that would seem to be safe ;)

That's my point, you should be reducing your speed when approaching traffic signals.

Looking at the Highway Code you must stop behind the solid white line unless the signal is green. If the amber light appears you may go on only if you have already crossed the stop line or are so close to it that to stop might cause a collision.

Edited as stupid phone replaced amber with bee!?!

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

I believe, so long as you are clear of the junction by the time the light is red you are ok.

"AMBER means STOP. You may

go on only if the amber appears

after you have crossed the stop

line or are so close to it that to

pull up might cause an accident"

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_191933.pdf

As someone who's about to go on a naughty boy course for running a red I believe the law is;

Amber means stop provided it is safe to do so

Red means stop......period.

Depending on the local police the light camera can be set to flash anywhere from instantly or a second or 2 after turning Red.

Same with Green light..........Amber does not mean go! It means prepare to go as the lights will be turning Green imminently.

I was bringing my daughter home from Birkenhead one night and stopped at some traffic lights on the A41. Boy racer pulls up alongside me revving his engine and creeping forward ready to zoom away, next thing there's a flash, he'd set off the red light camera :lol: .

Pete

• Like 3