The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...

coldel

Upgraded???????????????????????????????????.................. Can you upgrade from a Z - 2 a Vauxhall/Lotus wanna be,..It is a nice car they are a nice car... Its not a Z as i said enough said !!!!!!!!! It your choice enjoy ....... Join the AA...

Upgraded???????????????????????????????????.................. Can you upgrade from a Z - 2 a Vauxhall/Lotus wanna be,..It is a nice car they are a nice car... Its not a Z as i said enough said !!!!!!!!! It your choice enjoy ....... Join the AA...

Oh dear....................

Oh dear ............... everybody has there own opinion .............. i have bought a ZED .......... lovely Vauxhall .......... i hope you enjoy it as much as your ZED ........ In a straight line and in the corners (when you get there Ho Ho)... I absoultly love your car i love those caqrs BUT its not a ZED

Oh dear....................

Haha yeah I know, kids eh ;)

Coldel that's a bit of a turn up for the books, for some reason I didn't expect you to go for one of these. Must be real fun car to though. Nice one!

I was going to keep it under wraps, but just didn't want to rock up to a meet and have a load of people boot me straight back out the car park :lol:

You know what though, they do cracking side steps and front splitters for these ;)

• Like 1

Oh dear ............... everybody has there own opinion .............. i have bought a ZED .......... lovely Vauxhall .......... i hope you enjoy it as much as your ZED ........ In a straight line and in the corners (when you get there Ho Ho)... I absoultly love your car i love those caqrs BUT its not a ZED

You drive a Datsun ;)

Ha Ha your rite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... I support Newcastle United ......... I know there's no reply i could possibly give a reason why ........... Apart from I HAVE A ZED ENOUGH SAID ... Toon Toon Black & White army Ha Ha .....

Love your car it looks and by the sounds of it drives great and every test say its 100% does what it say on the tin!!!!! ... just is not my choice ... hope you enjoy it as much as your Zed (Datsun)... Enough said ...!!!

You have said enough said in your last 3 posts so clearly not.

Nice car mate, Can you explain the different between the models e.g. vx220-vxr-vxt ect? just checked the weight on these things wow! its like half a z!

I know a guy who had a 2.2 vauxhall engine that they might have used in this and it had the problem of the chain getting to hot and snapping if the jets got blocked or something? His snapped but his was a vectra so not sure if it is the same, he said it was?

Sorry ...Can you please explain if this is a 350/370Z ... Forum or a Vauxhaul Forum ???? that's my point !!!! I can only say it is a lovely car lovely choice without a doubt .. But i am sure you can find the answer to all your questions on a Vauxhall forum .. i am also a (BMW previous M3 owner) But i aiint gonna talk about 22 years of ownership on the Datsun/Nissan foru......It aint a ZED....Enough Said ....!!!! or is that Just me ho ho !!!! .... i Love my ZED....

Yes it is a Nissan forum, and a very good one, hence why a lot of us stick around long after we sold up and moved on. Along with all you zedder's there's about 6 jag people, a 911 lover, skylines, supra, bmw's, Aston, Ferrari's, mercs, tvr's and I'm sure a few more. We tend to be quote supportive of our long term members like coldel.

• Like 1

Ok it's not a Zed, but it's his choice to share on here his new motor, not my cup of tea either but a fun summer car. What you will find, as in all other car forums, when an owner moves on, whatever he moves onto, it will be a "better" car than their previous one.

As a bit of an experiment on another forum, which I was a mod, myself and another mod hatched a bogus thread to prove a point, that no matter what anyone said they'd moved onto there was a lot of "flaming" from "loyal" owners.

What we also clearly uncovered was that when a former owner of the said marque (dblock, my new stalker) of the club, moved on AND continued to be an active member through posting, they consistently rubbished at worst or criticised at best their former marque when commenting on anyone else who has moved on to a different car.

It happens on all forums, some people just can't move on, but some people have legitimate criticisms, but should move on, but find it hard to, this forum is no different and it'll be the usual suspects who will continue to seem to have an axe to grind. Just as the owners, defend to the death their car clubs model.

It takes all sorts, but that makes it interesting. Hope all that makes sense :) (Oh and Dan is the only one I would trust on anything Porsche, don't know why that matters, but it does to me)

Good luck with the new motor, and enjoy B)

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1

Congrats on the new car, but its not for me, sorry. I've never driven one but would like to as I can appreciate the appeal, but the looks really put me off. It's the late nineties vauxhall 'V' in the grill which does it. If you could swap those out I might change my mind!

Enjoy though, and keep us posted with it throughput the year to see how easy it is to live with.

Sorry ...Can you please explain if this is a 350/370Z ... Forum or a Vauxhaul Forum ???? that's my point !!!! I can only say it is a lovely car lovely choice without a doubt .. But i am sure you can find the answer to all your questions on a Vauxhall forum .. i am also a (BMW previous M3 owner) But i aiint gonna talk about 22 years of ownership on the Datsun/Nissan foru......It aint a ZED....Enough Said ....!!!! or is that Just me ho ho !!!! .... i Love my ZED....

Please shut up, you utter bellend. I don't even own a Zed, and haven't done for over three years now, I bet that must really boil your p*ss that someone like me is allowed to stick around here, hey?

I can see the school holidays have started early in the north-east.

• Like 2

Sorry - I know it's not Zed related :lol: but am I right in thinking that the Europa was basically a re-clothed VX220? Even though I can understand why they didn't sell well, I actually found the idea of a slightly softer, slightly bigger car quite appealing and some of the issues like the engine mapping were resolved by after market suppliers. This also applied to the Elise - improved gearshift linkages, pedal bushes, etc, etc.

Sorry - I know it's not Zed related :lol: but am I right in thinking that the Europa was basically a re-clothed VX220? Even though I can understand why they didn't sell well, I actually found the idea of a slightly softer, slightly bigger car quite appealing and some of the issues like the engine mapping were resolved by after market suppliers. This also applied to the Elise - improved gearshift linkages, pedal bushes, etc, etc.

Yep a Europa is a VX220 also, only about 400 built or something. The Elise S1 was the forerunner to the VX220, when new safety laws came in Lotus had to remake the Elise and got support in the shape of GM who branded it Vauxhall here and Opel in Europe of course (where its called the Speedster). Lotus though stuck with the K-series engines which are very prone to gasket failure if not maintained properly (later replaced with Toyota engines) whilst the VX got the 2.2 Vectra engine. Apparently these engines did have timing chain problems but when put on a VX220 which weighs nothing at all there have been no reported problems over the years on the forum - apparently they will start 'ticking' long before any snapping and given the layout of the car its quite obvious whats happening and plenty time to sort it out before any failure. I actually could have gone for an S2 Lotus but the VX220 just seemed the cheaper more reliable option. And it had airbags :lol: Looks wise, the VX looks a bit old hat on photos, it just happens to be one of those cars which doesnt photo well, in the 'fibre glass' it does look a lot better, the back end for sure more than the front.

Europas again are really rare though, and although they are buffed up a bit to look more comfortable, you are still sliding in and out of them like an Elise except you cant take the roof off. A lot of guys do make the VXs on the forum more comfy, adding carpeting etc. but even 20 or 30 kgs makes a massive difference to the feel of the car.

DBlock mate, so timing chains generally reliable :) The VX220 is in two versions NA and Turbo, which are known as a VX and a VXT. The NA although not as quick as a VXT has a better handling setup (they passified it when they launched the VXT to try to appeal to a wider audience). The VXR was a limited run of 85 cars I think it was with upgrades on the suspension, engine mapping to higher bhp, racing seats/harnesses etc. Uber rare they go for about £15-£20k a time.

I did :stir: a bit by saying I had upgraded, just an easy dig at K370 (and it worked) - the Zed certainly has its qualities over the VX, the torque, the ability to modify extensively AND safely, the car has aged pretty well looks wise etc. But she is a heavy beast as she is a GT car, which is why I wanted to try something very different. The VX is quick, still a sub 6 second 0-60 sprint (but runs out of legs after that) but I would say I still haven't even used more than 50% of its handling capability even after really throwing it about, I will be going to an airfield to discover how far it can really go.

As for what its doing on here on 'your' forum K370:

1. I like the guys on here and have actually met quite a few of them at meets and would class them as mates, I attend Zed meets to look at the Zeds after selling mine turning up in the family focus - I like Zeds

2. I know a lot about Zeds, and like to think I can still offer help to newbies on here, I'm a helpful bloke actually

3. I posted in the 'Other Cars' section which even though its a 350z/370z forum is actually for, other cars...

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1