The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...

coldel

Congrats on the new car, but its not for me, sorry. I've never driven one but would like to as I can appreciate the appeal, but the looks really put me off. It's the late nineties vauxhall 'V' in the grill which does it. If you could swap those out I might change my mind!

Enjoy though, and keep us posted with it throughput the year to see how easy it is to live with.

Yep intend to post a 'living with a go kart' thread at some point - the V on the front is a challenge, there is a forum sourced replacement option called a Splam grille but I am not sure, it looks like the car is smiling at me :wacko:

sammetz1-2.jpg

If I could single out one thing that my S1 had that I have not bettered it was the steering. The Caterham SS was probably on a par. I assume the 220 has similarly wonderful steering (almost as if the front wheels are part of your body)?

The steering is phenomenal - no power steering so you feel everything just like an S1 (although never driven one - they are even lighter than a VX I believe) so every stone every slight change in road surface you pick it all up through the wheel and can drive accordingly. I love the small cockpit feel as well, really feels like I have been strapped into a race car and gives that 'I am part of the car' feeling :) Like I said above I haven't had the courage (or skill probably) to really test the handling capabilities to their fullest, will book myself into a car limits course to do that.

The steering is phenomenal - no power steering so you feel everything just like an S1 (although never driven one - they are even lighter than a VX I believe) so every stone every slight change in road surface you pick it all up through the wheel and can drive accordingly. I love the small cockpit feel as well, really feels like I have been strapped into a race car and gives that 'I am part of the car' feeling :) Like I said above I haven't had the courage (or skill probably) to really test the handling capabilities to their fullest, will book myself into a car limits course to do that.

The only thing about the S1 at the limit is that I didn't find it anything like as controllable as the Caterham. I think the VX220 has a longer wheelbase which probably helps. I'm sure it was just me not understanding how to get the best out of a mid-engined car (with a bit of a rearward bias in the case of the S1). I don't think I ever quite developed the level of confidence needed. In the Caterham you felt like you could do anything - it was very forgiving - but it's probably because I'm an old git. So - yes I'm sure some expert input would have been very helpful.

Always like the vx220's like the Elise which is an awesome car to drive but with more reliable engines. That grill looks much better I'd go for it and I hope you do a build thread as I'd like to keep an eye on this car.

Sorry ...Can you please explain if this is a 350/370Z ... Forum or a Vauxhaul Forum ???? that's my point !!!! I can only say it is a lovely car lovely choice without a doubt .. But i am sure you can find the answer to all your questions on a Vauxhall forum .. i am also a (BMW previous M3 owner) But i aiint gonna talk about 22 years of ownership on the Datsun/Nissan foru......It aint a ZED....Enough Said ....!!!! or is that Just me ho ho !!!! .... i Love my ZED....

You son, are a prat!

• Like 1

I need to get shot of the plate - it obviously worked well for the previous owner but bears no attachment to me :lol:

If I didnt already have a private plate on I would have snatched your arm off; when you are thinking of putting it up for sale do please let me know, as I might be persuaded...

Do you plan to track it? I can only imagine it would be in another league there!

...enuff said :lol:

They're great cars. A friend / customer has the turbo version - we've just fitted Syvecs to it, although it's not 100% finished yet. Should make around 320bhp which will be great fun. The owner is hoping to compete in Time Attack next year with it, after he's fitted a few more go faster bits.

Couple of pics here:

Edited by Jez

In a bizarre sense of timing, spotted today at the PHSS:

vxr20.jpg

My old car, VXR no.20! :D Looking significantly worse for wear now sadly, interior is grubby and marked, Speedlines curbed badly and the seats are shot to bits. :(

Is this going to be your daily or weekend motor?

I dont drive daily, work in central London, but use it for getting to football in the week and weekends, doing random drive outs, visiting the parents etc - although it hasnt started snowing again yet which might put the mockers on it :lol:

Yes it is a Nissan forum, and a very good one, hence why a lot of us stick around long after we sold up and moved on. Along with all you zedder's there's about 6 jag people, a 911 lover, skylines, supra, bmw's, Aston, Ferrari's, mercs, tvr's and I'm sure a few more. We tend to be quote supportive of our long term members like coldel.

SKODA:)

Sorry ...Can you please explain if this is a 350/370Z ... Forum or a Vauxhaul Forum ???? that's my point !!!! I can only say it is a lovely car lovely choice without a doubt .. But i am sure you can find the answer to all your questions on a Vauxhall forum .. i am also a (BMW previous M3 owner) But i aiint gonna talk about 22 years of ownership on the Datsun/Nissan foru......It aint a ZED....Enough Said ....!!!! or is that Just me ho ho !!!! .... i Love my ZED....

The clue is in the subforum name "Other Cars"

YES OTHERS CARS THAN ZEDS DO EXIST........

ENUFF SAID

Is this going to be your daily or weekend motor?

I dont drive daily, work in central London, but use it for getting to football in the week and weekends, doing random drive outs, visiting the parents etc - although it hasnt started snowing again yet which might put the mockers on it :lol:

Lets hope it doesn't break down as regularly as Andy Carroll :lol:

Nice little car Col, can't wait to see it parked up next to my Jaaaaag in the 'Non Zed' parking area at the Grasshopper it will look like a little red slipper :lol:

:lol:

It will be some sort of little and large show!

Am very much enjoying the 'top down' experience at the moment with this sunshine. Just back from another drive out, hope the weather stays intact for next Sunday!

Am pulling together my build thread as we speak lol

Very nice col, you will have to take me for a spin.

My friend had one with a sports exhaust when i had my old 350z and we had alotof fun together. Dam thing was like alittle go kart so much fun. He span a few timesin it though then wrote itoff in scotland :(.

Enjoy