The Zed was sold and I bought Vauxhall to replace it...

coldel

...this little Vauxhall :teeth:

IMG_9478_Snapseed_zps6441f428.jpg

Utterly stunning car, not overly fast in a straight line but ruddy nora can it go around corners :scare:

See you at the Kent drive out next week chaps, but only if it doesn't rain!

• Like 1

They have no heater, so arguably worse than an Elise to live with! :lol: Well, they do have a heater, but it's so pathetic most owners refer to it as a blower.

Great cars, I still miss my VXR at times. Get rid of those wheels and run it on Exige sizes, cures the understeer and gives you a better range of tyres, worth popping a set of Yellowstuff pads on too.

Always liked them and I sometimes wondered whether I would have found it a little easier to live with than the Elise.

Have to say its easier to live with than I thought it would be. Heater aside the seats are very comfortable, seating position great, getting in and out is an art and you have to learn it but otherwise it is great. Fuel economy is good at circa 40mpg as well. I have yet to experience the winter in it which will be the deal breaker I suspect though haha.

Really pleased for you coldel, its a cracking choice of car.

Yep I know :) I remember you mentioning it a couple of years back - still looks in great nick.

The one I bought scares the hell out of me, god only knows what VXR is like!

having had a few passenger rides in ekonas I have to say it was immense. It could brake so quickly it hurt. Could stop on. A 50p piece, and the acceleration was pants wettingly good.

Its NOT a Z .... Enuf said !!!!!!!!!

what's an Enuf? Is it an envious Smurf?

Supercharger option is £3k all in, then you are looking at 0-60 times of circa 4 seconds, I have also had pax rides in these cars and its just too fast. I would spend half the time thinking I am going to run out of talent!

Yeah Turbos were a bit out of the price range I wanted to go to - I also prefer the NA drive though, less likely to toss you off the road at a roundabout etc!

I did go out in a stage 4 VXT, about 360bhp I think it was (so putting it at about 500bhp per tonne), christ almighty that was quick, far too quick for my meagre driving skills. Like you say though it can corner like you wouldnt believe and is a far more involving drive than any other car I have owned.