Personal plates.

Hi all.

Quick question, over the years I have always gone to the dvla office in Chester to assign my private plates to a car but I got a new plate for my Z and the paperwork suggests I am only able to do this via post.

Does anyone know if this is correct or can u do it in person at a dvla office?

Thanks

Yeah i hate how they do customer service these days, i remember waiting weeks upon weeks and when i finally got a letter from dvla they had sent me the whole shibang back and put in a polite little letter saying i forgot to cross something?! Sorry just having a lil rant :blush:

Edited by SkylineV35

Glasgow done mines in less than 10 mins but I have now been informed that this service is no longer available :(

I was going to change my plate this week so I can sell my bm .Ive never done it via post how long does it take? It was always Glasgow I used.

You can't do it in person anymore, at least not at my local office, not sure if different ones are closing at different times?

They just took my cash and checked the paperwork, then sent it all off for me...

+1

They did this to me last time just took everything and said it would be posted back, the time before they did it there and then in less than 10mins but alas no more :surrender:

our local dvla branch posts it back to you between 7-10 working days, after handing the forms in person. gone are the days when they did a 20 min turnaround while you waited. :thumbdown:

That's not to bad.

I collected my Z today and mentioned to the dealer. By year end all dvla office will be closed except Swansea. Gonna be fun waiting for @*!# to happen next year already takes an age.

I think they are all closed in such that they just check paperwork and send it now, only too 10 days for my plates to be transferred so not too bad, worst thing would be if you **** up the paperwork but then that's your own fault :p

Can you still get a new tax disc from local DVLA office if you only have the new keepers sleep and a V10 form?

Gov.uk seems to suggest you still can, but then they also still say you can do your private plate there too.