991 GT3

Ekona

Otherwise known as the best car for a generation. Chris Harris/DRIVE video below.

Words almost fail to describe just how much pure want I have for that car. It looks stunning, the engine is absolutely perfect for the application and it would appear that it handles sublimely. Bearing in mind just how much experience Chris has with 911s (he raced one in the N24 last year IIRC), he knows what he's talking about and if says that it makes the 997 GT3 feel old and redundant, I tend to believe him.

This is the only car available right now I'd consider selling up for. Gawjus. :cloud9:

• Like 1

Good reason to have kids, the waiting time for a GT3 is about 12 months so if I get her up the duff now it'll give me a bit of time to find a buyer...!

:lol:

You'll need more than one kid....so will need to "chat" to her friends.

Its all in a good cause...I'm sure they'd understand.

So does anyone have Madonna or Ms Jolies number......I'm sure they are adopting.

Not really clued up on Porsche, so why isn't it a 998? I thought they were going in a sequential style, unlike say, Ferrari, who swap about with displacement figures etc. for their series names. Or did they get to 999 already and are starting again, if they did I need to pay more attention. :lol:

I'm not a Porsche fan, never liked the styling of the 911, but the new one is growing on me big time, and that GT3 is a thing of beauty, suits the colour in the video too. Would have been nice to have the option for a manual gearbox.

Wish my zed revved to 9000

I can't say i hate the look of 911;'s anymore cos with the new ones i just don't lol Always had a thing for the GT3/RS so this new GT3 looks fantastic (i wastched this video earlier on a break at work..meh)...love the dished wheels...very nice

3 Children for sale, 1 slightly soiled wife, 2 houses, 3 cars, 1 left bollock, 2 Patterdales (no, no car is worth it!), 1 right arm (abused since age 13), whole package, straight swap for 1 991 GT3

Please PM for more details!! :teeth:

• Like 2

Sounds incredible, and looks a lot meaner and more purposeful than the Carrera spec cars.

Chris Harris is probably the best motoring journo out there at the moment; wish Top Gear was more like this than stupid races between a car and a boat powered by myrrh or whatever ridiculous mode of transport they find!

• Like 1

All I see is greyness.......I've watched the video and wanted to feel excited but I don't. I feel almost the same with R35's.....I hear everyone harp on about them and I want to experience what everyone is talking about and I mentally convince myself it's the best thing since sliced bread and then.......I look back at the picture and think *meh*.

To me, Porsche's are soul-less and a victim of their own super successful engineering.