Big big thank you

spursmaddave

To the Zed Shed guys & girls yet again....

I set out at 06:45 yesterday morning and met a certain Will370z at Fleet Services and arrived at the Zed Shed at about 09:45...

The plan was to swap my LED lights with some standard ones, the LEDs were going on Matts car and cash my way :teeth:

Then Chris/Bob/Kim (mostly Kim) were changing my Rays/Milltek/Berks and Zspeed undertray for OEM wheels, OEM exhaust and refitting my OEM undertray, all the above going to Chris (for Kims Zed) except the exhaust and again cash my way

Well..... I kind of knew what kind of days it was going to be when after 5 minutes Chris showed Will & myself the wrecked black Zed and by the time we has walked round it Kim & Bob had my rear lights changed, these guys do NOT hang about!

As the day went on they proceeded to remove, with great skill (and a few war wounds) anything and everything that wasn't standard from my Zed...

As bits came off and others arrived basically everything got snapped up, showing that if you tastefully mod with good quality stuff it still has a value, that and the fact that I was happy to price stuff up reasonable as I am that kind of guy, I was just glad the stuff is going to people who love Zeds and will appreciate and care for them....

Then came a big shock.......

Bob asked what I would be looking for for the Zed, so I told him what I had been offered/was expecting part/ex on Marys new MX-5 and we did a deal :yahoo:

Soooooooo my old girl will be Netti's new baby, and I can hand on heart honestly say I couldn't hope for a better new owner or better home :love:

So I started the day hoping to get my Zed back to basics and ended up selling everything practically including the car!!!!

Just need to find an MX-5, get all the paper back from the DVLC as the private plate is coming off and Netti will be getting the train down to Kent and going home in a Zed :lol:

It will be a quiet drive home with an OEM exhaust and a non working Bose but...... I know a very nice man who can fix both of those, you might know him too he shares your bed :lol:

Thanks again, you honestly couldn't wish for a family (inc Bob & Nessi) who are more friendly, welcoming, warm, funny, hard working, knowledgable and of course vulturous :lol::stir:

Great seeing the rest of you guys yesterday especially those that helped fill my wallet, don't worry it will going on all things Jaaaaaaaaaag :teeth:

Pics to follow although I didn't take many :blush:

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Couple if pics of the lads hard at work....

Bob set to work straight away on the exhaust...

8241C752-5E0A-4D51-BC14-F1C62072DADF-12183-00000C00CA9B73CB_zps4bdecfdd.jpg

Chris removing my ICE (notice the brains of the operation keeping a close eye on proceedings :lol:)

5E259C5E-AC61-42C6-AB06-60DCAE9ECAA5-12183-00000C00C3831E53_zpsf14e517b.jpg

And something tells me a certain Azure may be covered in flowers some time soon.....

47E404B6-FCC8-4F0A-8D39-62C8DE65585F-12183-00000C00D5BAF110_zps72c3ac15.jpg

Edited by spursmaddave

Chris removing my ICE (notice the brains of the operation keeping a close eye on proceedings :lol:)

those are the brains - :blush: - well I never knew that :lol: :lol: :lol:;)

Just got back from a mental weekend at the Zed shed and as Dave said some serious buying and selling going on! Fantastic weekend catching up with some fantastic friends! Dave your zed is certainly going to the best home you could of asked for!

those are the brains - :blush: - well I never knew that :lol: :lol: :lol:;)

That would also explain why blokes never look a woman in the eyes - he's talking to the brains :lol: :lol:

You two are a right pair of tits :lol:

Pass on a big congrats to mary.

Looks like netti will be in the zed sooner than anticipated lol

Just waiting on the DVLA, if I hadn't sent off all the paperwork to swap my private plate from Jag to Zed we could be doing it a lot quicker !!!

All the local DVLA places are closung down so even though I went in person they just send it all to Swansea now anyway, you used to be able to get your new Tax disc and paperwork straight away so you could get your plates done and sorted, not anymore :angry:

Pass on a big congrats to mary.

Looks like netti will be in the zed sooner than anticipated lol

Same as Will congrat Mary for me, been a busy week for you selling and buying :lol:

Brilliant weekend, Steve your car sounds awesome how with Dave's donation of set of Berks, and Bev has now got working aircon on her side of the car :thumbs:

Bob's already thinkin of what mods he can do for Net's car since it's basically now a standard Zed. My car's next though after the mini's finished, perhaps Nets can be the new summer project :dance:

OK I have some pics from the day :)

She arrives,

KODC1009_zps392ac91d.jpg

Buster fell over (he's old) Will370 ran to his aid :lol:

KODC1010_zps1828aa32.jpg

Then SMD's car ate someone

KODC1011_zps26f5229d.jpg

Bits coming off left right and centre

KODC1012_zps940f9565.jpg

Doughnuts Mmmmmmm (Don't want to know what Bob and Dave were doing) - let's not forget the baby oil and custard!!!!!

KODC1015_zpscced26b2.jpg

Is this bit OEM?

No

OK - That's out then

KODC1016_zps5e740ce9.jpg

The onlookers

KODC1017_zps0e933aa0.jpg

SMD can use a spanner :scare:

KODC1019_zps958c2a5f.jpg

Do you thing she likes it????

KODC1020_zps35949d59.jpg

Lovely weather

KODC1023_zps3e430278.jpg

The road

KODC1024_zps25665f42.jpg

the drive

KODC1025_zpsc3944d3c.jpg

Everyone :lol:

KODC1026_zps13d26813.jpg

Test fit

KODC1027_zps6a772299.jpg

Time for FOOD

KODC1028_zps842762ff.jpg

KODC1029_zpsfa76bbf5.jpg

The Chef (Bring back the smurfateria)

KODC1030_zps3be64d59.jpg

I'm with stupid :p

KODC1031_zpsa9f4c2df.jpg

Will explaining Baby Keysers home work :notworthy:

KODC1035_zps8dc7505c.jpg

Matt would have the pink doughnut !!!

KODC1013_zps82787f1d.jpg

Will hard at work

KODC1018_zps28d9f65e.jpg

Dave saying goodbye to the "Brains" (think he liked them)

KODC1033_zpsb962ceb6.jpg

Great day had a blast, got some great bits for Project Purple Peril and had fun :thumbs:

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!