OK Film fans have your say !

raduv66

Lawrence of Arabia, watch it twice a year. Such a great patriotic epic.

Also love anything with submarines - das boot, crimson tide, red October etc.

Das Boot mini series was epic, all subtitled mind but you really felt claustrophobic

Das Boot, awesome shout, favourite foreign language possibly (Irreversible?). Boot should be watched in the 7 hour version, with a full beard, wearing a submariners jumper, soaking wet, in the dark.

Top Ten working backwards.

10, Bonnie and Clyde

9, Deep Impact

8, War Of The Worlds (2005 Version)

7. Independence Day

6. Aliens

5. Jumanji

4. For A Few Dollars More

3. The Postman

2. Starship Troopers

and

1. High Plains Drifter.

Pete

Ganster Squad .

A mini review of the Blu Ray , PIcture and sound are both excellent as you would expect from a modern film on blu.

Was looking forward to this as I'm a fan of LA Confidential , The Untouchables and mullholland Falls even though the reviews of this weren't great when released.

It has aspects of all three but fails to become a film in its own right for a film with some serious acting talent on show . Everyone is just going through the paces on this including the story which never really grabs you .The film has the odd moments and does look rather stylish but there is little else on display and gets a little lost in not knowing what it wants to be action,drama or story driven.if you like a film from this period in history then go do LA Confidential as it can't really be beat .This could of and should of been a great film if they had decided on a direction for it ,as it is its a bit of a mind mash of better films.

5 / 10 for me .

Edited by raduv66

Oh and I f****ng hate anything with hobbits, goblins, orks, magical rings, long drawn out tourism advert cinematography for New Zealand or Harry P***er!

One word " minority " magic potter goblins sells = geek + computer + bedroom no girlfriend or boyfriend? Hollywood's new direction. ;)

The only film that has literally had me on the edge of my seat was SAW. Apart from the gore the film was amazing. Shouldve left at 1 and had it an all tome great. Shouldn't have made a sequel....or 6 sequels lol

I also think Tarantino is over rated. Dusk til dawn was good but most of his films are wierd

Who doesn't like a bit of Forrest Gump, could watch that again and again.

Fight films: rocky 1,2or 3. Warrior is excellent. 300!

Action: Bond, early Bourne's, Bad Boys (first one).

Good will hunting is a good'un. Point break, Blazing saddles. Any Tarantino film

So many more

Actors: Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Javier Bardem........

Two of my favourite films are Shawshank Redemption and Robocop, both clearly for different reasons.

Recently I've found myself watching Avengers Assemble a million times as I work from home and its been on Sky for weeks. Never get bored of watching it (in the background!) or indeed Scarlett Johannson.

Two of my favourite films are Shawshank Redemption and Robocop, both clearly for different reasons.

Recently I've found myself watching Avengers Assemble a million times as I work from home and its been on Sky for weeks. Never get bored of watching it (in the background!) or indeed Scarlett Johannson.

Happy about the Robocop remake coming soon I for one don't think it will be a patch on the original .it will be another diluted remake witgoit anything that made the original so much fun to watch.

Most memorable visits to the cinema for me.

Primary school days.

Dad took me to see STAR WARS at Odeon Leicester Square.

Blew me away.and hooked ever since.

When I was 19.

Saw Jet Li for the first time as Wong Fei Hung in Once Upon A Time In China.

Was a midnight showing for all the HK movie nuts.

The whole theatre went nuts.

Last but not least.

The Matrix.

Visuals took it to the next level.

I don't think any other action based films have been as revolutionary as these.

Maybe you can jog my memory if I've missed any others.

Most memorable visits to the cinema for me.

Primary school days.

Dad took me to see STAR WARS at Odeon Leicester Square.

Blew me away.and hooked ever since.

When I was 19.

Saw Jet Li for the first time as Wong Fei Hung in Once Upon A Time In China.

Was a midnight showing for all the HK movie nuts.

The whole theatre went nuts.

Last but not least.

The Matrix.

Visuals took it to the next level.

I don't think any other action based films have been as revolutionary as these.

Maybe you can jog my memory if I've missed any others.

Star Wars was my introduction to the cinema also as a nine year old and loved films ever since .the matrix upped the stakes for the geek in me but there have been a few that have tried to change thing's Inception and looper being the recent of them.

Edited by raduv66

Just for a bit of fun can you peeps name some sequels that were better than the originals ? ( above SW post for one ).

Or some remakes that were as good or better than the original ? ( 3:10 to Yuma to start off ).

Edited by raduv66