New Car and my experience with Tradelink

]Hello all,

I have been meaning to post this for a few days but working over the weekend has prevented me.

Last wednesday I picked up my 05 Rosso GT from Tradelink cars.

post-18954-0-07973600-1369686525_thumb.jpgpost-18954-0-61005500-1369686539_thumb.jpg

I found them to be approacable, they did not push me into a particular car, let me look at all their stock and offered to find me one to my specifications if I didn't like any.

I did find one however. Mechanically it is in good condition, the paint work isn't in the greatest condition (lots of stone chips and a previous owner has 'touched them up' in the most liberal sense of the word. This was, however, was reflected in the price. They serviced and taxed it for me and took my old car for part exchange at higher value than anyone else had offered (even for scrap). It was ready on time for me to pick up , (very much a necessity for me due to work shifts).

Back to the Zed....

I had such a great time driving home, especially though the tunnel at Hindhead; windows down and floor in 2nd (taking into account traffic conditions and the average speed limit in the tunnel of course!)

I just gave it its first proper wash today and the red looks stunning, the process however did show up all the attempts to cover minor chips. The wheels will almost certainly need a refurb when I get some spare cash as there is plenty of paint coming away around the wheel nuts.

I also fancy trying my hand at some time vinyl wrapping on the interior door switch areas at some point.

I did buy one of these on ebay http://tinyurl.com/q6xp44v and although the build quality is good the base is not wide enough to sit on the aerial mount with a flush finish, just in case anyone has been looking at these.

I look forward to coming to some meets at some point to get more inspiration for more subtle (or not) mods to do.

Now must get back to drinking my beer.....

Well I can only comment on my experience. They did knock a bit off the asking price because I said I had visited this forum but that was in no way conditional to my initial post. They did not Suggest that Comment about my experiance at all. However, It's a bit difficult to prove they did not pay me though, so I can see your point. I did try to think of any negatives when I was posting to offer a balanced opinion but everything had gone smoothly so I couldn't.

I had been looking for reviews about them prior to visiting and I read most of the threads on here that I could find with tradelink in them. I my self was put off initially by these. And also by ther lack of reviews on other independent review sites. But I had a spare day and thought I would go and visit, even if was only to get a test drive to compare others to, fully prepared to walk away. However I happened to find one I liked and after negotiating I put a deposit down.

I stand corrected! I haven't seen any other red Zeds in person to compare the colours yet.

They're not that easy to tell apart unless you see them parked up next to each other a bit like Blade Silver and Universal Silver. As far as seeing red Zed's goes outside of meets I've only ever seen two so they're pretty rare.

Pete

Where's Wacky Will gone. He loved (said sarcastically) Trade Link (although had never visited them).

They're a member on here (MyFairlady I think) and have always had the bottle to respond to any feedback.

The OP does not entirely sing their praises and does point out a few items/imperfections with the car that 'could' of been sorted by the dealer before putting up for sale.

Seems like a genuine sale, from a decent dealer and an honest bit of feedback.

Congrats on your new purchase. Happy Zedding :drive1:

One thing I have noticed about the red colour is that it doesn't half make you nervous parking your car in slightly dodgy areas as it does indeed draw the eye.

As for my eye avatar, I pretty much picked it out of folder of random images. This next one should be less conspiracy stirring.

Where's Wacky Will gone. He loved (said sarcastically) Trade Link (although had never visited them).

They're a member on here (MyFairlady I think) and have always had the bottle to respond to any feedback.

The OP does not entirely sing their praises and does point out a few items/imperfections with the car that 'could' of been sorted by the dealer before putting up for sale.

Seems like a genuine sale, from a decent dealer and an honest bit of feedback.

Congrats on your new purchase. Happy Zedding :drive1:

I think he's gone back to trolling other sites? :shrug:

• Like 1

I think Will was given a few weeks ban to cool off after saying some things he shouldn't have at the wrong person, came back and proceeded to moan about getting banned and was subsequently given a further 3 month ban or similar :lol:

Anyway, good luck with the car mate, the red looks much better in the flesh after seeing a few.

OMG I've just noticed your Avatar is very similar to mine this will drive the conspiracy nuts wild :stir:
One thing I have noticed about the red colour is that it doesn't half make you nervous parking your car in slightly dodgy areas as it does indeed draw the eye.

As for my eye avatar, I pretty much picked it out of folder of random images. This next one should be less conspiracy stirring.

Both best get to a meet soon then to quash conspiracy theories! :p

:welcome:

Do they pay you to put up a story like that? Just a bit dubious, as it appears every new person who has bought from them says the same thing, yet I've read many a time that they are a terrible company to deal with.

Hence my original comment

:welcome:

Do they pay you to put up a story like that? Just a bit dubious, as it appears every new person who has bought from them says the same thing, yet I've read many a time that they are a terrible company to deal with.

Hence my original comment

I know but I prefer the less subtle approach.

Is there some sort of process one could go though to prove myself not a paid up member of tradelink? Or is an initiation Ceremony required to post reviews about them on the forum? I'm happy to provide proof of purchase/ id to anyone who really wishes to delve that deep.

As for negatives about the car; I found one more on the rainy drive into work. The rear wiper seems to be made of rubber confetti. Anyone know of a decent supplier of reasonably priced rear wipers in portsmouth that isn't halfords?

• Like 1