A little Z meet in NZ today

bronzee

The meet today was a lot of fun, still have sore sides from laughing so much. We meet at small township half way between two major cities, so some of us headed up, and some headed down. Hehe, the ones that headed down decided to stay off the main highway,........ aaand cut through a back road, that turned to gravel half way!! And we've had a fair bit of rain, not so clean Zeds. :lol::headhurt:

Anyway, we all meet up not far from where we were going, then cruised to a place called Goat Island in Leigh. Very pretty even on a winters day, that was quite warm, I had to say. Lol, boohoo for those that bailed because of the forecast, and we ended up with no rain.

We had lunch a very historic cafe, that used to be a major saw mill in the area, back in the day. The place has atmosphere galore, as there is lots of the old machinery lining the walls and floorspace, and embedded into the concrete floor, and all the old wooden beams still in place.

http://www.sawmillca...nz/history.html

Goat Island:

ZLeigh26May2013011_zpsaf229310.jpg

ZLeigh26May2013009_zps94e48236.jpg

ZLeigh26May2013006_zps56f3371a.jpg

There were more Zeds, but they meet us at the venue. Just after we left the venue we had a 260 randomly join our convoy for about 10kms, very cool, especially when there aren't many over here.

We didn't end the day there, we headed back to a larger township on route home, and stopped in at a boutique chocolaterie, that make their own chocies. The aroma as we opened the door was heavenly, inviting flavours of chocolate and sweets enveloping your senses. :D Drooling yet?! :p

Edited by bronzee
  • Like 2

Nice one, looks like a nice location. Bit far for me though ;)

not for Rosie though :lol: - just drop her in at any local garage and I'm sure they'd get her there fine :stir:

Nice one, looks like a nice location. Bit far for me though ;)

not for Rosie though :lol: - just drop her in at any local garage and I'm sure they'd get her there fine :stir:

I'm sure she could find her way there. :headhurt:

Looks amazing! Anymore pics?

I only took a few pics as I've been there dozens of times. The really cool thing, is it's a marine reserve, so no fishing, but snorkeling and driving in the crystal clear blue water there on a lovely calm day is magic. Fish by the thousands, even if you're standing on the ends of the rocks you can see all the fish. Last time I took the Zedders there a few years ago, there was discussion of mermaids. :p:lol:

In season, when it's busy, they have a glass bottom boat, so you can go see the fish, at a cost, if you're not into snorkeling or diving.

Just one photo, so it shows how the rocks rise out of the sea. Lots of seaweed due to all the freaky storms we've been having. Mind you it is officially winter in one weeks time.

The coastlines here are stunning and sandy, either white sand on the east coast (this is east coast) or black sand on the west coast, this area really is absolutely incredible on a sunny day.

ZLeigh26May2013008_zps0258ab47.jpg

Auckland University, also has a satellite campus there for their marine biology department.

A little bit of information: http://en.wikipedia....land_(Auckland)

Cool :thumbs:

Winters day - Really! :lol:

Lol, it is over here, was only about 18-20 degrees yesterday. :p

Edited by bronzee

• 3 weeks later...

nice shots there, makes me miss my time in NZ :(

wonder if that stunning blue 350z sitting on white te37's is still about in auckland/newmarket, used to see it on a weekly basis was gorrrrrrrgeous

nice shots there, makes me miss my time in NZ :(

wonder if that stunning blue 350z sitting on white te37's is still about in auckland/newmarket, used to see it on a weekly basis was gorrrrrrrgeous

Oh do tell, how ago were you over here? Do you know if it was an NZ new or import one?

What wheels are on the 370z?

Hmm, brains ticking, but can't remember, :blush: will find out. ;)

Fantastic pics as usual. You get some really great backdrops over there. I am also pleased to see your forecasts are as rubbish as ours. It really annoys me as people miss out on some great days when they get it wrong.

Lol, the difference being Mart, it's winter over here. :p:lol: But seriously, it's nice when we have a heavy deluge then the next day is so clean and fresh. :D