Wales 2013 aftermath

gort

At 35mph - you may be offered one of the "Speed Awareness Courses" which will cost you £85 (instead of £60) but you'll not get any endorsements or points (Provided you haven't done a course in the last couple of years)

Feel for you - last time I was done was for 36mph on the way back from Ludlow - but I wasn't allowed to take the course as I'd done one last year. . .Ahem . . .

North Wales police are manic about their speed enforcements, and there's nothing you can do about it as it has no relation to safety, it's just a way of taxing the motorist for as much money as they can soak out of us

That'll be this one, 3rd busiest camera in Flintshire apparently. You'll almost certainly get the offer of a speed awareness course if you have a clean license. I believe the triggering point for points on your license in North Wales is 42. At one time you had to come to North Wales to "serve" your course but I'm pretty sure you can do them locally now.

Gatso_Coed-talon.jpg

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Do everything online ... that way you'll get away with a course even if you've had one in a different area within the last three years

I don't know how it's done in other areas but North Wales Police require that you send the form to their central ticketing office and it has to be signed. You can only start the online process once you've received the offer from the police. I would imagine that all speeding offences are recorded on The PNC and that North Wales Police will check any previous convictions or speed awareness courses attended before they decide how to handle your case. Of course, I'm presuming that SAC's are recorded on the PNC and not just locally.

Pete

The difference between doing it on line and by post is that you don't have to declare if you've been there before ... and they don't check or didn't last time I looked if it was in a different police area

Very unlucky my friend. I deliver mail near Ponybodkin and know the postie who covers that round, who has told me it does not have film in all the time. It used to be terrible around here when the last Chief Ins was in charge... Most cameras now dont work, you just have to keep your eyes open for them sitting on their bonnets with their guns.. I will have a word with the postie tommorrow and get him to poo on it for you. Hope that helps. Jonny

That'll be this one, 3rd busiest camera in Flintshire apparently.

Gatso_Coed-talon.jpg

Pete

Yeah, I can see how you'd miss that massive yellow thing sticking out on a pole :p;)

Here's the view from side it's approached from, ouch. Note though the lack of road markings in both pics.

21o1zx2.jpg

Pete