Good deal or not?

glrnet

Ok guys, those of you that have iPads, is this a good deal? Apple iPad 1st Gen 64 Gb + wifi + 3G £189.00 plus delivery

I have access to one via a trade contact :) So without turning this into a pro/anti Apple debate what do you think?

Depends entirely what you want to do with it.

If you are just looking to have something for web surfing and not much else, there are cheaper options out there. If you are looking to stream music / films / integrate with other Apple devices / various apps for working then go for it. That price looks like a good deal, as I've been looking at some of the FMA (Future Mrs Aliensurfer)

I use my 16gb ipad 4 nearly all the time and with 3G/4G it has completely replaced my laptop. My advice would be, to look for a used 16 - 32gb ipad 3 with 3G, and being an ipad 3 you will have the retina display.

In what respect is it outdated Will?

I had the ipad 2 until a few months ago. Sold it to buy a samsung tablet. After 1 day i took the samsung tablet back. Anyway i then went and bought both the latest ipad 4 and ipad mini. TBH both are awesome but as i only use them for web browsing etc, i really dont see the difference.

The screen on the current ipad is great and has lots of new technology apparently but i dont see any difference between it and my ipad 2!

I paid over £400 for this 16GB wifi, therefore if it was my cash i'd grab the offer you have!

Hope this helps.

Edited by stuarty

If you dont want to pay full whack for a new one, then look for a 2 or a 3. iPad 1 is about 4 years old now isnt it so will be well out of date. In terms of space i wish i had a bigger one (dont we all :doh: ) At 16GB im constantly deleting apps and reinstalling them when i need space.

I've got a 3 and I often use my mate's 2. The difference in screen clarity on the 3 over the predecessors is noticeable, as is it's generally nippier performance. I've not tried a 4 yet. I'd go for a used or refurbed 3 if you can. I have 3G on mine which is useful and saves messing around tethering to your phone (and draining its battery) when you're on the move.

I also have Nexus 7 for my folks to use. It's very impressive and I'd say a step up from iPad 1, but only if you don't mind not being in the apple ecosystem and the smaller screen and no 3G.