personalised plate

raduv66

The wife wants to get me a personalised plate for my birthday which is sweet she found this on the DVLA site nothing special but is good for me. RD05 ZED my initials ,year and ZED as i say nothing to special but its a nice touch and a meal on her . I got a great wife as she loves fast.

I checked a few weeks ago and was considering UK04 ZED which was available, seeing as I live in the UK, that car is an 04 and well, its a zed...

Ha! I was considering that one the other day, great minds and all that! I finally decided I'd prefer one that "hides" the age of my Zed as I think it's style and condition belies it's years.

I got a great wife as she loves fast.

Loves fast what?

I like the plate. ticks both 'personal to you' and 'relates to the car' boxes. Would probably need to stay with the car though.

Personally I'd get something that isn't specific to the car

When you move on, it'll make no sense to keep it unless you get another car with a Z in the name

Zonda it is then!

I got a great wife as she loves fast.

Loves fast what?

I like the plate. ticks both 'personal to you' and 'relates to the car' boxes. Would probably need to stay with the car though.

Sex? :lol:

The wife wants to get me a personalised plate for my birthday which is sweet she found this on the DVLA site nothing special but is good for me. RD05 ZED my initials ,year and ZED as i say nothing to special but its a nice touch and a meal on her . I got a great wife as she loves fast.

Not too bad, but I'd probably stay away from ZED in the title too for when you take it with you.

Mine's R20 DNM which I got when I had my VXR220 no.20, so it worked perfectly for that car but it doesn't look (that) ridiculous on anything else. Might be worth thinking about?

I've seen much worse though, your wife has good taste :)

I've got M666 MWD, MWD are my initials, and I wanted a plate which wasn't too obviously a personal one and it hides the ages of cars quite nicely.

My mum has P1 OOH which I expect will shoot up in value shortly once the first McLaren P1's roll out of the showrooms!

Hell yeah! If she's not attached to it, I'd very tempted to chuck that up for sale for a few grand.

Unfortunately she is lol, she's Winnie the Pooh mad and bought it for that reason. She got offered what I would consider to be a very good sum a few years ago by someone in a Subaru P1!

• Like 1

My mum has P1 OOH which I expect will shoot up in value shortly once the first McLaren P1's roll out of the showrooms!

With brown being the new black for car colours, that plate could be quite popular.

We used to have it on the back of a horse trailer too, I'll try and dig out some pics of it tonight!

• Like 1

Ive kind of tied my hands on having cars older than 2011 now, as all the plates Ive bought recently start BA11 Ive got BA11 MUM, BA11 TOY, BA11 CAR and BA11 BOY. Plus a couple older reg ones like C3 ALL and T19 ALL.

What about BA11 BAG? :teeth:

Ive kind of tied my hands on having cars older than 2011 now, as all the plates Ive bought recently start BA11 Ive got BA11 MUM, BA11 TOY, BA11 CAR and BA11 BOY. Plus a couple older reg ones like C3 ALL and T19 ALL.

Never went on sale :lol:

Never went on sale :lol:

Neither did any of the BO 08 or KN 08 ones :(

However.... CUN 7L is currently for sale! I've been watching it for years lol.

http://www.motormarks.co.uk/fun.htm