Z FEELS SLOW!!!!

boosts

I come from a scoob background having had a 96 jdm classic and a 03 blob ppp tuned by TSL to 336 bhp. I think this just comes down to lack of homework from the OP no offence but the Z is a completely different animal and should be treated as such . You wont feel the kick of the turbo that you had in the scoob as the power is smoother in the Z but it is there if you drive it right. I'm actually most suprised that my Z feels so planted for a RWD coming from AWD i can corner at the same if not faster than my old Scoobs .

Think you should of done a bit more research mate as you now own GT car .

I had an ST185 GT-4 before the zed which 'felt' quicker due to the turbo but in reality was not.

I remember the first day of my commute to work in the zed.

Nailed it up the slip road paying no attention to the speedo as that's what I always did in the GT-4 at the end of the slip road I was doing about 30mph more than I would have been in the GT-4, I was shocked because it felt so effortless.

Its just the ass Dyno that needs recalibrating.

I'm gonna offend someone here but I just wanted to join in.... :teeth: (unless you have a specific need to get one, medical, auto liscence..)...why on earth would someone buy an Auto Zed?... :wacko:

Edited by AMT

I'm gonna offend someone here but I just wanted to join in.... :teeth: (unless you have a specific need to get one, medical, auto liscence..)...why on earth would someone buy an Auto Zed?... :wacko:

I know it's a common opinion to have... but why not? Have you ever driven one? The auto box is great, and the tiptronic is satisfying to use... if it wasnt for them being considered to be inferior (which they're definitely not) i would happily have another one. People above are saying the zed is effortless to drive... imagine you didnt have to operate the heavy clutch and clunky gearbox in traffic every day. :)

• Like 2

Depending on which Impreza we're talking about, they're not necessarily light cars. Certainly anything bugeye and onwards weighs about 1500kg, it's only the early cars that were about 1200kg.

The figures I have in lbs are 3,370 for the 2012 Impreza and 3,600 for The 350Z. These are gross weights.

Pete

I personally have to drive autos but like said above unless you have actually driven one how can you comment, every car is different my old 200sx and starlet gt had old style auto boxes they were still great fun but nothing in comparison compared to the 350 and I'm purely on about the gearboxes here. The new style tiptronic boxes are a lot better why do you think they only do gtr's in auto and other super cars because the new auto boxes are wicked you can change gear when you want bounce it off the rev limiter without electronic interference or stick it in drive and let it do all the work in town driving.

• Like 1

I also have come from a scooby ( 7 years ) and was a classic shape with 2.5 forged engine and running 454bhp and 462 torque at 1.5 bar which was an animal but love driving the 350z more as the driving feel is so much better than an impreza

went on a run with the subaru boys in wales over brecon to mid wales then back and the 350z stayed with them all the way and almost every impreza there was modified so goes to show its not all about power

interesting vid

• Like 1

VERY RUDE, AND TO BE FAR NOT NEEDED!! IF I THOUGHT THE CAR WAS A PILE OF @*!# I WOULDNT OF JUST SPENT £6500 BUYING ONE WOULD I,

PEOPLE USE FORUMS TO ASK EVERY NATURE OF QUSTIONS, AS FOR CAPS LOCK there you go im very sorry about that. as a car enthusiast there are good and bad points to every car, and not every single car is perfect. so please stick to freindly chat,

One of the guys on here has a Nismo JDM with tiptronic box for sale. he also has one the same he is keeping. They are 2 completely different cars.

His one goes like an upreved HR on steroids and the Nismo is very slow by comparison. There are no known mods to the one he is keeping.

Maybe the previous owner just plodded about in town all the time and its all coked up!

Is there any noticable black smoke coming from the exhaust?

Edited by 4RE Leather

As most have already commented, the one thing I will add is, you've only just purchased the car, which means you don't know it's full history. So it probably wouldn't hurt to give the Z a full service.

Stick some BG44K in the tank and see what happens

Is that like Semtex lol

No, not at all. It's an additive you put into the tank and it cleans the fuel system and carbon deposits off valves and stuff.

Just add a can to a full tank and away you go.

I usually double it up with Activ8, which is a friction reducer I put in with the engine oil.

• Like 1

I know it's a common opinion to have... but why not? Have you ever driven one? The auto box is great, and the tiptronic is satisfying to use... if it wasnt for them being considered to be inferior (which they're definitely not) i would happily have another one. People above are saying the zed is effortless to drive... imagine you didnt have to operate the heavy clutch and clunky gearbox in traffic every day. :)

+1 I test drove a 370z auto at the weekend and it was fantastic.

• Like 1

Simple as this

Subaru

1200~ kgs

Turbo charger

250 lb-ft torque

350z

1500~ kgs

No turbo

180 lb-ft torque

Do the math, more weight with no turbo, yes of course it feels slower, the torque is what makes a car feel fast. The impreza is a turbo nutter barge, the 350 is much more of a GT car. Without adding significant mods its never going to be lightning from a stand-still. However I know this. I can get out of my 350 and not have a broken back and bleeding ears...

Simple as this

Subaru

1200~ kgs

Turbo charger

250 lb-ft torque

350z

1500~ kgs

No turbo

180 lb-ft torque

Do the math, more weight with no turbo, yes of course it feels slower, the torque is what makes a car feel fast. The impreza is a turbo nutter barge, the 350 is much more of a GT car. Without adding significant mods its never going to be lightning from a stand-still. However I know this. I can get out of my 350 and not have a broken back and bleeding ears...

Z does not have 180 lb-ft or torque :lol: Early DE's have 274 lb-ft

Zed's torque is far more linear compared to the scooby so you dont get the push into the back of the seat like you do with a scooby. But look down at the speedo and you'll be surprised how quick your going