Z FEELS SLOW!!!!

boosts

HI I AM NEW TO THE FORUM SO PLS BE NICE TO ME,

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2003 JDM Z, AND MY QS IS, WHY OR SHOULD IT FEEL SLOW, ITS A TIPTRONIC MODEL WHICH I HAVE TO SAY IS PRETTY RUBBISH TBH BUT IT JUST FEELS REALLY SLOW TO ME, DONT GET ME WRONG ITS A FANTASTIC LOOKING CAR AND WITH ITS MILTEC EXHAUST IT SOUND LIKE A ROCKET. IVE OWNED NEARLY EVERY CAR IN THE SAME LEAGUE WITH MORE AND LESS POWER, BUT IT SEEMS TO FEEL ON PAR WITH A STANDARD 221BHP SCOOBY.

PLS COULD PEOPLE JUST DROP A COMMENT TO SAY WEATHER ITS A NORMAL THING FOR THE Z TO FEEL SLOW OR NOT

PS NO I WONT BE PUTTING NOS, TWIN TURBOS, SUPERCHARGERS, OR ROCKETS ON IT

THANKS GUYS

• Like 1

I GUESSED AS MUCH WITH THE AUTO BOX NOT HELPING, ITS GOT A K&N MILTEC WITH JAPSPEED REAR BOX, GOOD IN THE CORNERS BUT PANTS ON THE STRAIGHTS, WITHOUT TURBO,IN IT IM ASUMEING THERE ISNT ANY QUICK MODS TO DO ON THEM?

VERY RUDE, AND TO BE FAR NOT NEEDED!! IF I THOUGHT THE CAR WAS A PILE OF @*!# I WOULDNT OF JUST SPENT £6500 BUYING ONE WOULD I,

PEOPLE USE FORUMS TO ASK EVERY NATURE OF QUSTIONS, AS FOR CAPS LOCK there you go im very sorry about that. as a car enthusiast there are good and bad points to every car, and not every single car is perfect. so please stick to freindly chat,

I have an auto aswell and mine is far from slow in fact it's very quick, have you been driving in manual mode and have you turned the sport button on aswell? The trip tonic box in the 350z is very good for an auto box. Has it been serviced and looked after?

Get a compression test and put it on the rolling road to measure afr's and actually see why it's not running well? And how much power it has. If you think it has a similar power to 221 scoob then it's obviously not right

The zed is a heavy car, so that's potentially why. Plus you have an auto, so again, that's probably taking a bit of the feel away.

Way heavier than the Impreza, in the region of 150kgs, auto will be even heavier. Imprezas designed for quick getaway, 350Z for effortless cruising.

Pete

Hi I have a 2005 JDM FairladyZ auto roadster...so its the slowest one out there!!

I have no issues at all with speed/power, assuming you have gearbox switch in power mode? this should allow auto box to work as well as it can and also let you ( in Tiptronic mode hold gears long into corners without changing) It will eventually change gear for you if you hit limiter or just before (6500 rpm I believe). I previously had a Corvette with similar power/weight and yes my JDM does "feel" slower, but its actually not that far off. I believe that the torque curve on a Z is virtually linear whereas on most other cars its not and you feel a surge at higher revs where a Z pulls all the way.

I have read ( American Z Forums ) that its believed over there that a AutoZ in a pro driver is as quick as "normal" driver in a manual ( to do with gear change speeds)

I stand to be corrected here but in no way is an auto Z much slower ( 1/2 to 3/4 second??) than a manual to 60MP( using the same engine that is 280 BHP)

Manual cars with above 280 BHP are quicker but thats not a true comparison.

Anyone in Norwich area willing "drag" me to 60? ( same BHP obviously) I would be happy to see what happens!!

JohnUKVetteNut