Muppet of the day...

coldel

Im tempted to call it in Colin, getting fed up with cars pulling up, honking horns outside then backing up again - loads of traffic outside. Doing my head in.

Don't be tempted - DO IT. Its clowns like these on our streets that need a lesson :angry:

^^ agree! Just do it!

I live in a flat and we have private parking for quite few cars, allocated parking space plus quite few for visitors..but recently some kids started parking there as they got some dancing classes or something down the road...one night I came back and they parked everywhere, incl allocated spaces...so I just locked the gate and gone in...was pretty funny to watch them panicking and not be able to get out...was gonna just leave them there, but unfortunately one of the neighbours came back and had to open the gate...they still stood there for good 30mins before that... Never seen them park there since lol

A while back someone parked across my garage obviously thought they would be ok as it was late not knowing I work nights....

I came out at 9pm got my car out as far as I could then just kept sounding the horn, one of the neighbours moaned I had woken his kids up, luckily the owner came out just then saying whats your problem I was only going to be 5 minutes :lol:

My neighbour gave him a right load of abuse which was nice :teeth:

I called in one who parked across the drive blocking us in. Police were round within 15 minutes. Also wrote to the local police regarding people parking on junctions and corners etc. Whole of the next week we had the local pc down warning all the drivers.

Police don't care about parking on corners in my area. Complained about it numerous times when people park right on the bend of a corner at a junction but the please just shrug their shoulders as they don't care.

Wonder if it is a company car and so the driver might not care, as with my employer, they will pay (quite happily by the sounds of it) for any parking offences without issue.

Police don't care about parking on corners in my area. Complained about it numerous times when people park right on the bend of a corner at a junction but the please just shrug their shoulders as they don't care.

Wonder if it is a company car and so the driver might not care, as with my employer, they will pay (quite happily by the sounds of it) for any parking offences without issue.

I have a card with the number and email for the local community support officer, it was them that came down. I suppose it helped I quoted the highways act. As they came and shifted them all. Also the Suffolk constabulary headquarters are round the corner and we live on a push estate. Low crime and lots of police visibility.

emergency services would be stuffed if they were needing to get past.

As far as I understand it, if your car is parked somewhere it shouldn't be and prevent emergency services from getting to their call out - they are well within the law to 'move' your car. I while back I saw a Fire Engine and an Ambulance just ram a car out of their way. The owner turned up later and was politely told to do one.

Matt :)

Tbh (trying not to start a prevous thread lol) the kerb parking wouldn';t bother me...so long as you LEFT ROOM FOR PEOPLE TO DRIVE AND WALK BY. I hate this, upon driving up to that you should be able to see its not enough room by a mile... honestly get one of those stickers online and slap it on the windscreen. Or better wait til there walking to the car and shout "s'a good job I drive a Peel P50 mate!"....c*ck.. lol

Edited by AMT