Sparky370z - Funeral and donations

Ebized

Sparkycollage_zps350457b6.jpg

Further to the sad news about the loss of Mark and the funeral being held this Friday, there will be 6 members attending:

4RE Leather

glrnet

octect

smudgeon

The Bounty Bar Kid

& myself

The family have asked for donations to cancer charities rather than floral arrangements and knowing that Mark had to spend quite a bit of time recently at the Royal Marsden in Sutton, and he himself has supported The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, the forum has set up a Just Giving page dedicated to Mark to continue the support, that we hope members would like to show:

Posts below continue from previous thread http://www.350z-uk.c...s-added-page-4/

Smudge do you live eat and breath purple?

That is one huge turnout, how so very apt for a great bloke. Did anyone mention about the cars, as they suited the occasion perfectly for Mark.

Well done guys for representing the forum.

Smudge do you live eat and breath purple?

That is one huge turnout, how so very apt for a great bloke. Did anyone mention about the cars, as they suited the occasion perfectly for Mark.

Well done guys for representing the forum.

My black tie was ruined after lending it to a friend recently. Next best option was that I thought, didn't even think about it until octet mentioned it when I arrived :lol:

Everyone thought the cars were a perfect idea and exactly what Mark would have wanted

I`m really sorry that I couldn`t make today to say my farewells to a great guy.

I can only voice what others have said. Mark was truely a great guy, honest, down to earth & friendly guy who never complained about anything that may have got in his way. A great roll model for myself & others.

I was lucky enough to enjoy a number of drives with Mark including the saturday drive in Wales last year aswell as numerous other static meets where we shared our similar interests in cars.

Knowing how much he loved his zed & Wales 2012 it does sadden me that he will not be joining us this year & I think we should dedicate our visit this year in memory of Mark.

RIP Mark

• Like 4

A big thanks to glrnet, octet, The Bounty Bar Kid and smudgeon for coming along to the funeral.

The ZED theme was a direct request of Amy and Mark's family and we were very fortunate the officials at the crematorium put rules aside to allow us to park the cars as you see in the pics - and many thanks for those to Adrian. Oh, and it was nice to hear from many - both family and friends how they appreciated a visual reminder of Mark's passion in his last years.

The firm Mark worked for - Smith & Byford, shut their operation for the day to allow their employees to attend, such was the high esteem Mark was held in. And as those on here who have been fortunate to know him, such a thoroughly likeable fella who never let the fact he knew for some time he had a terminal illness, get him down. I would estimate there were over 150 attendees at the funeral, including G1nger8readman (Geoff) on here - a great buddy of Marks, who one day hopes to be back in a 350.

We now know Mark's passion for fast cars comes from - his mum. Quite a petrolhead it turns out. ;)

But my heart does go out to Amy who had been Mark's partner for over 8 years and the one thing Mark was determined to do for her in last 3 days of his life was to marry her. So typical of the man whose thoughts were more for others than his own mortality. All of the comments expressed on the previous thread were put together in a little presentation as a memento for Amy.

We are going to keep the donation opportunity running until post the Wales weekend (and noting what Graham has said ^^^^^) Please, support that cause if you can - it would be great to see at least £350/£370 being raised from this forum :thumbs:

http://www.justgiving.com/350zuk

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Mark. I recall we chatted briefly in Wales about the pro's and cons of Coupe vs Roadster 370z. Lovely chap, such a cruel blow for someone so young. Heart goes out to his family and friends.

A fitting tribute to the lad by the looks of it. The overflowing service speaks volumes for how well thought of he was, and indeed still is.

First time iv been on for quite a while and to hear about this is such teribble news it got quite emotional for me reading the thread especially to think I'm the same age as mark was!

Met mark and Amy a few times over the years and both genuinely lovely people, mark with be sadly missed and I'm sure there'll be a somber tone o Wales but at the same time we'll be able to dedicate it to mark and Keith