pre 06 or 06?

willttqs

Hi,

I was looking to see any previous threads, but could not regarding this.

Is it worth buying a 2006 onwards which has a higher tax cost, but with more power, or is it best buying the lower cost tax car? i can probably afford about 7k, and am not worried about the 200 extra a year overly,

thanks

Will

I went for the pre facelift, but since I bought it last year I have spend about £1000 on buying facelift headlights and tail lights, i.e.. 5 years worth of extra tax and I still don't have the newer interior or extra 20bhp that a facelift would have.

Just buy the facelift if you can find it for the right price!

Now I may be wrong about this but didn't the 300bhp engine chew its way through oil aswell? Like I said I may be wrong im sure someone will know

Some use a bit, but it's easily managed as long as you check regularly.

The only downsides to the facelift models are the tail lights the bonnet and obviously the tax.

Yeah, those facelift tail lights are awful. I'll swap you for my 2004 one's if you want, just to help you out :thumbs:

• Like 2

The only downsides to the facelift models are the tail lights the bonnet and obviously the tax.

Yeah, those facelift tail lights are awful. I'll swap you for my 2004 one's if you want, just to help you out :thumbs:

And the bonnet? HR bonnet is sexy!

• Like 1

Just be careful, I am crap at buying cars, so I managed to buy an 06 model that was the old 276 version, so got no benefits whatsoever but still paid the higher tax. If you do go for an 06+ model at least make sure you get the benefits :)

If I was buying a Zed again I'd try and stretch for the 313 model as it does sound like its a lot better than my 276 version.

there are a couple of 80,000 miles 2004 z's nearby for £5,500, so I may go and look at them today. i cannot afford the 313 versions, although I am sure you are right that they are worth the extra layout.

How much? I only paid that for 2004 with 43K on the clock with a rake of Nismo goodies underneath.. Has price gone up again on the zed :scare:

Edited by Plummerman

i phoned up a couple, but they had sold. i saw one from a dealer from auto trader in Essex that apparently had fsh, but between services there was a gap between 2009 and 2012! also it looked knackered inside so that was a def no! phoned trade link, but loads of their stuff had shifted. seems like i just missed out on the blue one on here for 8k