350z Phase Differences (Facelifts)

C.J

What are the differences?

I'm currently on the lookout for a 350z, and would like to know the differences between the phases. I understand there was the 2003-2005, 2006-2007, and 2008+?

One of the subtle differences I've noticed (I believe) is the front orange reflector being moved from the headlamp, to the bumper?

Is there a full list (and pictures) of the upgrades? Interior? Engine? Exterior?

:)

There is a full thread on this, but for the life of me I cant find it.

Anyway.

MY03 - 276bhp VQ35DE

MY06 - 297bhp VQ35DE rev-up (also available on the GT4 limited edition cars)

MY07 - 309bhp VQ35HR

In UK spec, GT and non GT packs were available across all 3 versions. GT pack included Cruise, Bose stereo upgrade, heated leather seats.

Rays alloys became standard on MY07

MY07 has an 80% revised engine, easily spotted cos it has 2 intakes. The car also came with a "hump" bonnet. People do however buy and fit these to earlier cars.

centre cubby and controls where revised between MY06 and MY07. but stronger, and less flimsy

front bumber are a slightly diff design. They all have the orange reflectors accross the ranges.

Rear lights became LED's on MY06.

The facelift ones (late 2006 onwards) had the reflector in the front bumper at a straighter angle. Also, the orange strip in the headlamp vanished. The headlamps were also bi-xenon.

The 313 engine`d cars had the engine dropped lower in order to improve the centre of gravity.

Have a look at the specs on parkers.co.uk - they detail all the things which were standard or optional and the prices.

For example, on the GT pack you got the headed leather seats, but if you wanted them in alezan orange then that was £400 extra. If you wanted metalic paint, that was £450 extra, if you wanted the built in SatNav that was £1200 extra.

That pretty well sums it up. Just a couple of small things to add, MY07 models have an illuminated ignition key and there's also a drinks holder built into both the door storage areas, which on the drivers side is also illuminated.

Pete

also a drinks holder built into both the door storage areas, which on the drivers side is also illuminated.

It's illuminated both sides when the lights are on. :thumbs:

Also HR engine has redline increased to 7.5k. Orange strip in the headlights was replaced on later models by four orange leds which come on with the lights.

Another thing I've noticed is that the facelift roadster has a dim light on in the interior light cluster when the exterior lights are turned on. Also there's a small parcel net in the passenger footwell which isn't present on my pre facelift model.

Pete

• 1 year later...