New Suburu Imprezza WRX STI

The Bounty Bar Kid

The Subaru WRX STi concept has made its official debut at the New York Motor Show.

Taking the form of a pumped-up four-door saloon, this concept previews the next-generation WRX STi. It’s believed that for this generation, Subaru wants to separate the WRX STi from the rest of the Impreza range entirely, and create a standalone line-up.

Although there are no gold alloys to be seen, the trademark Impreza bonnet scoop is bigger than ever. At the rear, a set of four Lamborghini Gallardo lookalke exhausts either side of a huge rear diffuser hint that this is a serious performance machine.

There’s no word on what engine is under the concept’s bonnet, or what will be fitted to the production car, but it’s likely to use Subaru’s tradition four-cylinder ‘Boxer’ layout. There are rumours, it could even use a hybrid powertrain producing over 300bhp.

We brought you the story that Subaru has no plans to bring the new WRX STI or Impreza to the UK, although we’ve since heard that if there’s still sufficient demand in this country, the WRX STI could still make to UK showrooms. We’ll bring you more details when the car is officially unveiled in New York.

Read more: http://www.autoexpre...t#ixzz2PCQ27uhE

yeah don't mind that one bit and its about time as the last great looking scoob was the 03/05 blob STI ( bit bias as i owned one ). For me they went the wrong way after that toning it down as it was never meant to be a toned down car.Not every ones cup of tea on here but they do put a big grin on your face every time you drive one and that is what a car should do. I've owned two scoobs over a ten year period but as I'm an old git now i went for a car that has comfort , refinement and smooth power a real GT all the things a scoob is not.