Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21

mattross1313

looks nice dude...

im planning on doing the exact same service as soon as i get the parts..

how does it feel to drive now? better?

where did you get the gearbox oil from? pricey?

:)

Pm Zmanalex for servicing goodies :D

Thanks guys, yep orange theme is coming along slowly - i now need to re-do the grounding kit as those wires are looking a little worn out.

Cant comment on the drivability of it yet as i have only driven it home from the Zed Shed (1 street). Will update when I know more, got all my service items from ZedmanAlex - good price and quick delivery.

Yep, will keep an eye in fluids and leveks etc Chris, should be taking it out tonight or tomorrow for a spin,

See a few of you guys on Saturday :)

Nice one, Matt, thanks again for the order, you'll be keeping Keyser and Co busy... B)

Mate you have no idea :doh:

:lol:

You love it really - what else would you be doing with yourself anyway? :surrender::lol:

Busy couple of days this week......wait, I'll rephrase that!..........Expensive couple of days!! I only popped round the Zed Shed for a coffee and came away with lots of shiny goodies for the car! Pics and blurb below as per normal.

First task this week was to paint up and fit the engine slam panel I had from Ironhide. So each evening this week I have prepped, primered, painted then lacquered the panel in Azure Blue. I did this from a rattle can and paint match isn't too bad considering I did it myself, and the front bumper is badly resprayed anyway!

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

However the panel doesn't sit quite right in the car and when you shut the bonnet (with force!) the bonnet sits on the front face and has caused damage to my shiny paint work :( will need to re-think this and maybe make some alterations.

Chris - is there any markings on your unit now you have had it fitted for a while? Pic below shows the marks either side of the bonnet catch, and to the front.

IMG_0406.jpg

Onto my trip to the Zed Shed yesterday, who says Azure Blue is a rare colour? :D (crap picture, but mine is also in the pic in the garage)

IMG_0403.jpg

Whilst there I managed to come away with quiet a few shiny bits attached. I took along my new Y-Pipe incase it was needed to fit onto Dave's car during the return to stock operation, but it wasn't. That however didn't stop Buster sparing me 10 minutes (seriously!) to fit the new Y-pipe for me anyway! Happy chappy!! Sounds great! I also had a deal with Dave for some Facelift LED rear lights and chrome front indicator bulbs (turns out only one was orange, so I have half and half right now). And a last minute deal on a carbon effect rear strut brace cover B)

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

Then as luck would have it, Steve (Humpy) arrived at the Zed Shed and helped me part with even more money :surrender: But I did get some rather tasty Eibach 30mm springs. These have been added to the collection in prep for my next visit to the Zed Shed.

IMG_0404.jpg

Good to see everyone yesterday, and get some more cool stuff fitted to the car. All helps it get ready for the Europe trip.

Matt :D

Edited by mattross1313

Thanks Will :) Good to catch up with you yesterday matey.

One more item I forgot to mention! After lots of looking and waiting I now have a JDM centre section including the slid-in cubby lid. I am still looking into my options on this but would like to do some form of install with a tablet or similar. Media library, possibly sat nav and ODBII connections :)

shouldn't the cooling panel have a small recess to allow the bonnet latch to engage properly??

Something like this (stolen from RT), im sure the dip isn't just for cosmetic reasons.

DSC03955.jpg

EDIT: or do what kyle suggests!

Edited by cs2000

Had a nice chap round to day from the AA to come and replace my cracked windscreen. Whilst he was at it I fitted some Bosch aero wipers too, another thing I wanted done before the road trip! Car looked very sorry for itself mid-way through the fitting.

IMG_0407.jpg

Oh and my exhaust seemed a lot louder today, put my hand under and the Ypipe - Midpipe join is blowing......half-a-job-Bob at the Zed Shed :lol: :lol:

No biggie as I don't need to use the car much, so can sort it out at my next Zed Booking. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update after a few hours on the driveway last night - I managed to fit the clear front reflectors. The stock orange ones were pretty ugly to start with.....but mine were also covered in blue paint from the really bad respray. Didn't take me too long, and this is the first time I have messed around with removing bumpers etc so was quite pleased I managed it all. Pics as normal...

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Also, with the road trip looming ever closer I still need to sort a few things on the car. First up is the blow in the exhaust - taking it to a local jap garage tonight and they are going to try and bend / heat the exhaust back into alignment. Fingers crossed this works!!

Matt :)