Matt's Azure Adventure! - Decats & Japfest prep Pg.21

mattross1313

Quick update after a few hours on the driveway last night - I managed to fit the clear front reflectors. The stock orange ones were pretty ugly to start with.....but mine were also covered in blue paint from the really bad respray. Didn't take me too long, and this is the first time I have messed around with removing bumpers etc so was quite pleased I managed it all. Pics as normal...

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Also, with the road trip looming ever closer I still need to sort a few things on the car. First up is the blow in the exhaust - taking it to a local jap garage tonight and they are going to try and bend / heat the exhaust back into alignment. Fingers crossed this works!!

Matt :)

They make the worl of a difference! probably the next thing on my list. looks good ! B)

Thanks matey :) I am really pleased with them.

Had a call from the garage this morning - the car is ready :D exhaust is now all sealed up and running sweet. Although the garage struggled to alter the Ti exhaust, so ended up having to 'customise' the NEW Cobra Y-pipe slightly to get a full seal on the flange. A little annoyed as the stainless bits were perfect fit, but at least it is all done, and sounds really nice B)

Will try and get a video up, but really starting to get stressed out with the pending Europe trip and the world of stuff I still have to sort out.....we leave a week tomorrow!

Edited by mattross1313

Thanks Dave :)

Oh, the bulbs have almost arrived BTW.....they were a few pence short on postage, so the Post Office would like £3 for the privilege of re-delivering them to me. Luckily they are being sent to work and might have snuck their way onto the Corp Account, so the £3 can be found 'elsewhere' :lol:

Thanks Dave :)

Oh, the bulbs have almost arrived BTW.....they were a few pence short on postage, so the Post Office would like £3 for the privilege of re-delivering them to me. Luckily they are being sent to work and might have snuck their way onto the Corp Account, so the £3 can be found 'elsewhere' :lol:

Blame Mary she posted them :p

:sorry:

Bulbs arrived Dave B) will be fitting them tonight so the car can look awesome on her Euro roadtrip this weekend!

Catman - got them from ebay US, link below. They arrived pretty quick considering the distance & came with no hidden import charges too :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-CLEAR-BUMPER-SIDE-MARKER-REFLECTOR-LIGHTS-2003-2004-2005-NISSAN-350Z-Z33-/130915052832?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7b252d20

Thanks chaps! Finally starting to chill out a little after lots of planning, sorting, packing, printing, satnav'ing etc etc. Finished work today, Lisa has one of those Lambo experience days tomorrow, then we set off for Folkestone Saturday :)

Checked the fluids, lights etc during the week but had 2 jobs that needed doing before the trip! parts arrived today and Buster had offered to help me fit them. Ended up at the Zed Shed (where else!) fitted my new drop links in no time and even had 5 minutes left to tighten up the handbrake too - I have read that the Monaco side streets can be a tad tight and hilly, so the handbrake is an essential!

HUGE thanks as usual to Bob, Chris & Kim for getting her (the Zed) ready for the road trip and for helping put my mind at ease over the drop links.....or lack of!! Only one was attached as you can see below!! All done now though.

Right, I'm off to go make more lists & charge up all the camera's etc, Ciao!! Matt :)

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Stevey :) not quite finished yet, but getting there.

Not much to update & show on the mod front right now. However I am back from the Europe trip and the car didn't miss a beat the whole way round. Started on the button each day, kept us cool, and returned 29.6mpg overall...very impressed!! We clocked up over 3,200 miles over the course of our 14 days, and with the exception of one killer night time storm it was clear blue skies throughout!

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

Now I am back, the modding shall continue. Decided to keep the exterior styling pretty clean so have ordered up the Cupra R front splitter which Buster is kindly collecting for me when he passes through next. I am hoping to be out in NYC for some meetings in Aug/Sept so ordered a bargain from eBay US which will be waiting at the office for me - a pair of brand new Nissan front splash guards for £20 :) still need to decide on the rear.

So, whilst waiting to get out to the US for the splash guards, I am getting stuck into my car-puter build. I already have the JDM cubby with the cooler lid, and with some very minor modification a 7" touchscreen pretty must fits perfectly behind the existing bezel. With that sorted today was time to move onto the guts of the PC.

Looking at the below motherboard

http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-c8hm70-i-hdmi-celeron-847-intel-hm70-ddr3-mitx-8GPH.html?refs=52240000&src=3

Which will power up 4GB ram and a 64gb(or128gb) SSD HD. I have also been recommended to use the M2-ATX board to control the power to the PC, which follows the ignition pattern.

Main aim for the PC is to run Centrafuse (had this is my old Lexus and it was great). Will act as a music library, Sat Nav and at some point run Dash Command via ODBII to monitor the car.

Matt :D

Nice work so far mate, I love azure blue Z's! This makes me want to go out and fix all the little annoying things on mine! I'm wrapping my strut brace this weekend, does the little z emblem just pop off? I haven't looked at mine at all yet?

Hey Reeco - I'm not sure on the strut cover as it was ready done & a present off SMD. I think it does just pop off as I know a lot of members wrap or spray and then refit the Z. not 100% though :)

Quick update on the mod front as its been a little quiet here. I have been slowly hoarding bits for the car PC and today the key piece arrived so atleast we can now start loading software and testing things.

In the pic below we have

-Mini ITX Motherboard

-120GB SSD HD

-4GB DDR3 RAM

-Mini WiFi USB adatper

-USB GPS receiver for Sat Nav

-Reverse camera that its in the stock rear number plate light

-SIM and USB 3G data

-USB Bluetooth dongle

Coming in the post I have

-OBDII USB unit for ECU monitoring and shiny gauges

-7" Touchscreen

-M2-ATX power supply/commander

Watch this space :)

IMG_0504.jpg

Not the biggest of updates, two small mods to the car and a little bit of work continued on the PC.

Got a few bits from a local Zed being broken - spare engine cover for painting, HKS air filter & the plush boot matt with Z logo.

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

The PC is now all wired in, running windows 7 and Centrafuse 4.1. I just need to configure up all of the boot-up sequences and Centrafuse plugins for Nav, music etc. Mounted the 7" touchscreen last night into my JDM cubby too - REALLY pleased with how well this fits, it looks nice and OEM.

IMG_0510.png

IMG_0506.jpg

Myself, the car and my new front splitter headed round to Busters yesterday evening for some fitting work. Last week I ordered up a Cupra R front splitter from the local Seat dealer, Bob and I spent an hour trimming it to fit using his old front bumper - pretty easy going :) I spent a few days spraying it up in the garage as I am not the biggest fan on non-colour coded splitters.

Then last night with the supervision and help of Buster we set about fitting it B)

It is not a perfect colour match but pretty close given I sprayed it with rattle cans in my garage. The fit is pretty close considering its not made for a Zed, I still might make a small tweak to each edge to try and make the splitter follow the bumper a little better. But I am still really really pleased with the fitment.

Transforms the front of the car! Thanks Bob :)

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg