Poor fitting Japspeed K1 exhaust...

Whazza22

Hi all,

I have a K1 exhaust fitted which sounds awesome!!

The only problem I have is that the centre pipe gets wider (booster?) right where the brace goes across the underside of the car.

This is causing the pipe to vibrate on the brace which is doing my head in!

My local exhaust garage told me that I would have to have the booster part taken out and a new smaller pipe welded on. I don't really want to start messing with the pipe when really it shouldn't need modifying if its designed for the car.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you sort it?

Thanks

It's because the exhaust is cheap, badly made crap. It has been known not to fit for what? 5 years? The manufacturer have been made aware numerous times but they don't care because people buy them anyway. The company in china that spit them out must love it. Nothing changes as no one does the research before they buy. The money spent to fix a Japspeed could have been spent on a nice custom exhaust, etc etc.

Sorry

I'm sure someone will come along with a more helpful post than mine involving a big hammer soon.

Ah the joys of crap speed. Biggest PoS on the market, doesn't actually sound good it just sounds loud. When you actually compare it to a well designed system its like comparing the philharmonic to a retard with a kazoo. Low grade steel, low grade welds, poorly designed and cheap.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It can catch on that cross member. You can shim he cross member with a few washers, or slightlyly bend / flatten the pipe to clear - dont start bashing it too much else you`ll mess up the exhaust gas flow.

For the money (around £150 second hand) the K1 isnt a bad system in my experience. Certainly very loud, but i thought mine sounded pretty good. Id be going for a scorpian or cobra system next time around though.

Over the 8 years this forum has been live we have heard on here about more fitment issues associated with the K1 than probably all the other aftermarket exhausts put together.

Yes, they maybe cheap and loud which appeals to some, but we have also then seen how many owners have got frustrated by poor fitment, or after a relatively short period of time find they simply can't live with the noise and sell on.

Enough said?