350z vs s2000. help wanted

Nero_slk

Well you would, but I think statistically it rained every day in Northern Ireland from August until the end of January last year.

I had the roof down at 3am when it was -4 and -5 and snow. But it's just depressing when you get so many rainy days, in California you wouldn't even need a roof lol!

The heaters are amazing an I had heated seats so the cold wasn't an issue, it was the rain.

That said the s2000 I found easier to drive in the wet, I find the 350 just wants to hang the tail everywhere lol.

Ah, Matt is not insured on his,so I wont go , as I really want to feel it driving :))

Does anyone fancy to meet up somewhere near soton and have a blast in my s2k, then ill have a blast in your Z??? Let me know if you do :))

I had the roof down and felt nice at 3degrees, but people where looking at me like I was a retard :D

Sold my 2003 s2000 last year and don't really miss it to be honest. Awesome drivers car and on a sunny day it was very special driving it flat out but every other single day I didn't enjoy it.

This, really, S2K is a cracking car but I couldnt live with it day to day, its just too much effort to do anything. I also found the fuel consumption to be horrifically bad and it felt a bit cramped on longer journeys.

The way Ive always told it is if you have a racetrack on yoru way to work buy the S2K, if you have traffic the Zed is a better bet. I also dont think the S2K is quite mad enough to make the weekend car bracket, Id be looking at Elises and the like myself :)

I sold my S2000 to buy my current 350z.

I loved the S2000, but I agree with the above comments, it is more of a weekend car. I did miss the noise for a bit but now I have an exhaust on the Z that's a thing of the past!

My S2000 did run over 300bhp with nitrous though...

Photo28-05-2012081857PM.jpg

Photo28-05-2012081956PM.jpg

Photo28-05-2012081717PM.jpg

Had my 2003 S2000 for 2.5 years and sold it last June to buy my current 350Z. I loved it really, and it was simply a case of wanting a change. However now I have the Zed I genuinely prefer it in most areas. Sounds better, more torque (this is personal preference, but revving the Honda all the time can be a little annoying), steering feel and feedback is another league in the Zed (HPAS vs EPAS), brakes are better in the Zed (assuming Brembo). It does tend to drink maybe 10% more fuel across the board though (bothered). Every now and then (not as often as I thought) I do miss the soft top. But I feel that was a novelty for me which I am no longer fussed about.

Dunno bout the girl S2000 comment, I don't think it looks like it, get the right wheels, colour its a fairly neutral lookin' thing, they are good to drive! Couldn't live with the screamy engine note tho, not my cup of tea.

If we have a sunny day any time soon you are welcome to swing by Eastleigh and we can go out in mine. There is no point in the wet as i haven't got round to changing the budgets the previous owner fitted to mine before i bought it, i can't drive it with the traction control on in the wet as it activates sooooo often.

When i was looking for a new car in October i narrowed my search to either a 3.0 Z4, and S2000 or my Zed. I'd still like either of the other too tbh and will own an S2000 one day i think.

Stumbled across your S2000 on Gumtree last night, looks very clean.

Jon

If we have a sunny day any time soon you are welcome to swing by Eastleigh and we can go out in mine. There is no point in the wet as i haven't got round to changing the budgets the previous owner fitted to mine before i bought it, i can't drive it with the traction control on in the wet as it activates sooooo often.

When i was looking for a new car in October i narrowed my search to either a 3.0 Z4, and S2000 or my Zed. I'd still like either of the other too tbh and will own an S2000 one day i think.

Stumbled across your S2000 on Gumtree last night, looks very clean.

Jon

Oh thank you Jon :))) would be lovely ,its been a month already, and I still cant get used to the s2k gear box, just to have a nice smooth cruise, works amazing once you quick shift on speed tho :S

Drop me a pm with your number, if the weekend will be sunny I can pop over, you can tey my s2k , see what you think :)

My search was narrowed down to either the 350Z or the S2000. IMO the S2000 looks a little dated in comparison. Sweet for a spirited drive though. As soon as I jumped in the Z I felt at home and made my mind up before I even drove it. Loved everything about it.

Very nice car, headlight washers look like an afterthought though.

Pete

They are original and I absolutely hate them...might put hair washing liquid in the bottle one day, as the button for the washers is near the hand break in the middle... and about 7 times... I came over somewhere with the roof down, and pressed it with my elbow by accident and got my hair wet..... :D hairdresser style :D

Anyone fancy driving my s2k and ill drive your 350 this week?? Drop me a pm with your number