350z vs s2000. help wanted

Nero_slk

Hello,

I was getting a new car a month ago, I found a 350z GT, but on the last second I reconsidered and bought a S2000 in rare color in nice condition.

A month later im enjoying the s2k, but paying 1600 for insurance is just stupid as the 350z is only 1100! It has better toys, tho has a roof ( dont want the roadster one )

So now im thinking, should I sell my s2k and buy a 350z GT, or try swapping my s2k for a nice Zed?? ( would be quite hard to swap as its a similar car)

Any advice welcome, as I cant make up my mind :)

This is my toy for now

20130302_135502_zps1001dd72.jpg

Having owned both, I preferred the S2000,i found it a more enjoyable drive. And more rewarding. Some say the zed is better if its your daily car as its a bit more comfortable size wise and with the torque you don't need to work the engine as hard as the s2k. Both are good cars, but if you put both in front of me and told me I could only take one for the week. I'd take the s2000 without hesitation. The big thing is which car best suits your driving style. Its all personal at the end of the day. What's good for me might be terrible for others.

• Like 1

Having owned both, I preferred the S2000,i found it a more enjoyable drive. And more rewarding. Some say the zed is better if its your daily car as its a bit more comfortable size wise and with the torque you don't need to work the engine as hard as the s2k. Both are good cars, but if you put both in front of me and told me I could only take one for the week. I'd take the s2000 without hesitation. The big thing is which car best suits your driving style. Its all personal at the end of the day. What's good for me might be terrible for others.

What would you say - consumption wise?? Reliability? ? And I use it daily, really missing a nice sound system and more storage...

Please tell me more, as you know both cars, I never even driven a 350 :))

I got better mpg out of the S2000 I have the stats on my phone as I track all fuel fills and have all data on all my cars (yes I am sad). Boot wise you'd think the s2k has a smaller boot, but with the rear strut, there's not lot in it. I could get just as much in the Honda. Zed has a slight edge depending on the shape of what your putting in. Reliability wise. Honda was faultless. The most I paid for was a new keyfob battery. Nissan on the other hand, never anything major, but always had little Nogales to sort. Not enough that you couldn't drive it, but things like clicky axles, banana bar etc etc. Ok the Honda can't take 28 speakers, but if you do get some decent ones you'll be surprised at what you can achieve. But yes the zed has better audio potential while still keeping it with useable boot space. Trick with the Honda is slim line underseat sub and amp, and a quality set of cross overs. I have funny hops, I actually found the Honda more comfortable seating wise on long journeys. Down side is if there are 2 in the car, and the roof is up, long journeys can feel cramped. If your on your own they are fine. Zed is more spacious, feels very sturdy, very easy to live with. Just depends on what you like, if you want lots of torque then the zed has it. If you like to work a gearbox and feel like part of the car, then the Honda has it. You'll need to drive both as my opinions are just that....mine...which doesn't make me right...but it doesn't make me wrong. Its the old horses for courses.

• Like 1

If you get an S2K I can sell you a Vortech supercharger then it will be a proper sports car !! I like them but the Vtecs don't suit my lazy driving style as your constantly ragging the engine and changing gear. Torque is my preference.

RT I was talking to Ian (admin on S2K forum) last night, he said he met you once and you were a nice guy, don't worry I soon set him straight.

I want to pick your brains at some point when your free me old ;)

I went from a h20 to my 350z and gotta say i love the sound of vtec but Hondas suffer with lack of torque you gotta screw the guts out of it to get any result, my zed has so much torque it's unreal I can tap e throttle and get it sideways lol

If you get an S2K I can sell you a Vortech supercharger then it will be a proper sports car !! I like them but the Vtecs don't suit my lazy driving style as your constantly ragging the engine and changing gear. Torque is my preference.

RT I was talking to Ian (admin on S2K forum) last night, he said he met you once and you were a nice guy, don't worry I soon set him straight.

I want to pick your brains at some point when your free me old ;)

I still chat to Ian, he's a mate on FB, nice bloke

I just sold my 3rd s2000, a seafoam green one I built last year. It was the spec I'd wanted for nearly 2 years..... And I changed to a zed after less than 8months.

It's a tough call, I'm a Honda man, I love vtec and I've hated all previous nissans I've owned, but I love the 350. Cost wise I don't notice a vast difference in running the zed compared to the s2000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sold my 2003 s2000 last year and don't really miss it to be honest. Awesome drivers car and on a sunny day it was very special driving it flat out but every other single day I didn't enjoy it.

If we got a proper summer then I'd have one again but now on my third Zed and its just feels right to me. Big lazy cruiser when you want it and still a fun sports car when you are in the mood.

To use the vtec in anything above 3rd you were driving at scary speeds which in this day and age is a bit mad.

As said, it's purely down to driver preference but I really don't think you'd be dissapointed in the 350z one bit.

Im in Southampton :))))) would be cool to meet up with someone and swap for a quick drive just to see what the 350z feels like...as I never drove one...

I am in Gosport, I have never driven an S2k, I'm up for a swap :p

I already arranged with Matt to meet up today. .. hope it wont be raining at 5.30 as s2k is rubish in the rain :)))

So ill say my decision at the end of the day :)))

Oh it's a dangerous day ahead of test driving! Chances are you'll enjoy both. The s2000 is hard to beat in the summer, and depressing in the winter because you always want the roof down

I've my mates s2000 sitting in my garage with my 350 parked outside while he has it up for sale. His biggest mistake so far has been driving the 350 last weekend, now he's busting for one lol.

Looking forward to hearing the feedback