350z vs s2000. help wanted

Nero_slk

Maybe it was seen as a potential FS post and goes against their rules? I don't know, I'm not familiar with that forum.

Haha I had just got through the latest batch of pictures and thought 'any second now a price is coming up'.

Nice looking motor though I must admit.

Your welcome to come up and have a go in my roadster but its a trek from Southampton. Im 5 mins from Junction 9 m25.

Cheers mate, I might be going to london on 3rd of april, not sure if ill still have the s2k tho :D:)

The s2k is for sale, but as the poor man rules of s2k forum I didnt advertise it there...its the worst club forum ive seen, and ive been on each car I had... its a uk greetings page with a big american forum with uk sub section... and you got to pay for that?? Naa thx but no thx...

Stupid question...seen wheeler dealers yesterday. .. what do you guys think of the boxster s?? I do fancy 350z a lot more, tho trying a porsche would be a interesting experience

Edited by Nero_slk

Do you really not like the S2k? i find that i often look at other cars and get myself worked up while i'm sat at a computer but when i'm in my car i forget about all of that.

That said i have a Zed and not an S2k, but i have considered swapping to one a few times.

Stupid question...seen wheeler dealers yesterday. .. what do you guys think of the boxster s?? I do fancy 350z a lot more, tho trying a porsche would be a interesting experience

986? Will feel older inside, doesn't look as nice as the 350Z, much better to drive IMHO. Google IMS failure before you do anything else, as that £7K car can become a £14K car if you need to get the engine sorted ;)

Do you really not like the S2k? i find that i often look at other cars and get myself worked up while i'm sat at a computer but when i'm in my car i forget about all of that.

That said i have a Zed and not an S2k, but i have considered swapping to one a few times.

Im not the biggest fan of the engine tbh.... dont want to rev it up to 9k to have fun... sometimes you just need that little torque of the V6 :)

And I find the 350z a lot more special looking ..

Main concern is insurance...s2k now 1600 after renewal 1500... 350z now 1100 after renewal 1000.... thats over 1k savings just in a year

When I went from the s2k to the 350 my premium went down by £450. However my tax is now over £450 a year and lower mpg so it's all relative. Even though there's not an awful lot difference in book mpg figures I found that because of the s2ks big rev range it was easier to get even better mpg if you drove it steadily.

The S2k is fun but I feel more at home in the zed. Just drive them both :)

Ive driven a 986 boxster and was very underwelmed 201 bhp isnt alot but it did handle very well. I think your going to have to spend a bit to get the 'S' or a lower mileage 987 (lovely car). If you have the beans what about a Cayman?

If you up my way then PM me and we can sort something out.

i loved the S2Ki Forum, on here we end up searching about 3 different forums as people have info over on the american sites etc. on there its all under 1 umbrella. and the UK bit has its own section. yes it takes a while to get used to but acutally when you do you come to realise how good it is. but its quality is often lost on people who don;t stick around long.

When I went from the s2k to the 350 my premium went down by £450. However my tax is now over £450 a year and lower mpg so it's all relative. Even though there's not an awful lot difference in book mpg figures I found that because of the s2ks big rev range it was easier to get even better mpg if you drove it steadily.

The S2k is fun but I feel more at home in the zed. Just drive them both :)

My insurance runs out in end of june, if I buy a zed now I get 500 £ back.... then im insuring for 10 more months on the zed 500 £ cheaper then s2k....

Im not getting the 2007 model anyway.. dont care about year...must be manual...gt... and would love a black outside with orange inside combo :)))

An interesting question?

I've owned a 2,4 Honda Accord for several years now and still love every minute driving it! It's one of the best cars I've ever had, and I've had company BMWs and Audi's.

I wanted a second car for weekend/fun use and looked at both the S2000 and the 350Z.

Hard choice!

Legendary Honda build quality/reliability and a quality product! But you have to drive it hard and keep the engine revs high to enjoy the performance.

In the end I bought a 350Z, Great performance, with far sharper handling, Build quality no where near the Honda, but, so far, has proved reliable, and you can't beat the sound of a V6 engine!

As other members have said, it depends on your driving style, but I still smile when I get in the Zed!

There doesnt seem to be a lot of positive comments about the Zeds handling.

I must admit i was a little concerned about its apparent weight with what i was used to and then something swung it for me, an early 350z is only 4 seconds a lap slower round the Nurburgring than a e46 M3, which is the benchmark car for saloons/coupes.

Awesome if you ask me ;)

There doesnt seem to be a lot of positive comments about the Zeds handling.

I must admit i was a little concerned about its apparent weight with what i was used to and then something swung it for me, an early 350z is only 4 seconds a lap slower round the Nurburgring than a e46 M3, which is the benchmark car for saloons/coupes.

Awesome if you ask me ;)

I can tell you now that how the M3 and the 350Z go round the ring would be a very different experience!

After owning both, the M3 handles its power a lot better than the 350Z when it comes to cornering.

I have yet to push my 350Z on a track, but I have to pay a lot more attention to what I am doing in the 350Z!

Lol where did you get those times from?!

hehe, you just reminded me of the apprentice at work who said that S2k is faster top end in a straight line whan a 350Z. I asked him how he knew and it turns out he watched a video of some Turkish guys racing each other on a road. That said according to him 'V-tec kicking in' is the crackles you get from the exhaust on the over run :lol: