350z vs Z4 coupe

Level 7 Boss

Don't underestimate how quick a well-driven 3L Z4 can be. I've seen one on track, and fair enough the guy was pretty handy, but it was still impressive to watch. Great noise too :cloud9:

If you're considering one, the only one I would go for really would be the Z4M. Stunning car, both in looks and grunt. Slightly dull inside (even compared with a Zed), but the rest of the car more than makes up for it. Cons would be possibly bigger bills if something goes wrong and image if you care about that (I don't), but your reward is one of the finest driver's cars to date.

Caroline had a 58 reg 2009 Z4 roadster. Seeing as this was a 2.0 it's impossible to compare performance but I came away with a number of impressions mainly negative I'm afraid. We had to have several warranty repairs done including a broken seat adjuster (twice), a failed battery and a duff window motor. After 18 months of ownership from new the alloys had corroded to the extent that they needed a total refurb. Despite the multiple seat adjustments available I could never get comfortable and I'm not especially tall or overweight either. The ride was shocking probably due to the run flat tyres fitted. On the plus side, the roof operation was a lot smoother and quicker than the Zed Roadster, the roof was also a better fit .

Pete

Talk to Ricey :lol:

Where thor art thou Ricey

Don't underestimate how quick a well-driven 3L Z4 can be. I've seen one on track, and fair enough the guy was pretty handy, but it was still impressive to watch. Great noise too :cloud9:

If you're considering one, the only one I would go for really would be the Z4M. Stunning car, both in looks and grunt. Slightly dull inside (even compared with a Zed), but the rest of the car more than makes up for it. Cons would be possibly bigger bills if something goes wrong and image if you care about that (I don't), but your reward is one of the finest driver's cars to date.

Unfortunately can't stretch to an M, but I'm open to donations. Only looking to spend circa 7.5k with around 2k additional from the sale of my car.

Different beast but hardtop s2000 or mx-5?

im on hunt for new car too, well not no more as picking up my Zed tomorrow, but Z4 i did look at as obv same price range etc

but from the windscreen forwards my dogs rear end looks nicer than the z4 front end, but of course thats just my opinion :p and what makes it even crazier i dont even have a dog, didnt bother test driving as not gonna do that if i dont even like it before i get in it!!

Unfortunately can't stretch to an M, but I'm open to donations. Only looking to spend circa 7.5k with around 2k additional from the sale of my car.

Honestly mate, you ask on here people will say a z is better. On a z4 people will say a z4 is better. We are all biased. You can only really find out if you like them but going for a test drive tbh. You might hate the z4 you might love it. You might hate the vtec but you might love it. You need to buy the best car for you and what will suit you. No one should be making that decision for you.

I've driven both although I was limited to less than 10 miles on the S2000. Nice car, lovely smooth engine, couldn't really fault it. I had the use of a nearly new MX5 for 12 months while my step daughter served a driving ban. Great fun to drive but very cramped and basic inside. Ultra reliable though, when she sold it a couple of years ago it had 73k on the clock and didn't have a single problem with it. Held its price very well too.

Pete

Funny thing is my colleague at work bought a 3.0L Z4 more or less the same time as when I got my 350z and both cars are of same age if thats relevent, We obviously had a spin of each others to compare. The Z4 I found pretty back end happy, I wasn't purposely trying to slide it (maybe because its not got lsd?) I just didn't feel very safe driving it to be fair. It feels smaller and more cramped than the 350z, looks wise we both agreed (including the follow workforce :p) that the 350z is better and more aggressive. And after we've both owned our cars for a year he's decided to sell his and get something "more fun"... Needless to say I've still got mines. Now I'm just telling you a wee story, as Dblock says which I agree with is you really need to look at and test drive the cars you want and find the rite car for you be it a 350z or not. Good luck car hunting mate!

Rule out the MX-5, they're not remotely in the same league as the other cars you mentioned. S2K I love, but the interior is somewhat snug and you do have to be prepared to rev it to make the most out of it. Not a chore, but if you're more a fan of short shifting and riding the torque then it probably won't be for you.

Z4 is inherently less tail happy than a 350Z, so I suspect the issue above was to do with setup. I would agree that the 350 is a little more raw and perhaps outright fun, but then the Z4 is the more accomplished car. Depends on what you're after really, but neither would be horrible.

I had S2k and now I have a 350Z roadster. Loved the S2k, great fun factor but more like a weekend car or track fun. The Z fits way better to everyday drive when you can't rev to 9000 RPM or for trips when you are not in the mood to force it. But when you want to be hardcore, you have the ressources. You feel more confortable and relaxed inside. Depends what you really want. If you want the thrill ocasionally or everyday joy with possibility to have fun when you are in the mood. The MX5 is good, but a diffrent league.

Z4 all over the pace, 350z not often seen and get nice beep and flash when you do see one, if you're male and drive a 350z you willy really does become longer until you sale it, if you get a Z4 you're willy shrinks and you start talking about perms

I find ironic, that people says the zed is not a girl's car, has no one noticed the influx of girls on here recently? those who need to reafirm themselves that they own a man's car, and wouldn't touch another car because its apparenlty a girl's car, is probably a closet homosexual in denial.

I was in the same dilemma about 2 years ago!

Loved the looks of the Z4M coupe but had always wanted a 350z as well.

Test drove both and personally for me the 350z was far more comfortable, drove better and the interior was far superior! I couldn't believe how bad, basic and cheap the Beemer looked inside.

I've been looking round other cars last couple of months and did test dive an M3 which was amazing to drive but again the interior for me was shocking :(

I find ironic, that people says the zed is not a girl's car, has no one noticed the influx of girls on here recently? those who need to reafirm themselves that they own a man's car, and wouldn't touch another car because its apparenlty a girl's car, is probably a closet homosexual in denial.

Mini_Metro_as_launched.jpg

Does that make me a Mini Metrosexual :blush:

Honestly mate, you ask on here people will say a z is better. On a z4 people will say a z4 is better. We are all biased. You can only really find out if you like them but going for a test drive tbh. You might hate the z4 you might love it. You might hate the vtec but you might love it. You need to buy the best car for you and what will suit you. No one should be making that decision for you.

Z all the way :teeth::thumbs: