Dave-350's Gunmetal 350Zee - Facial Surgery Page 5

Dave-350

So, it is about time I start a build thread. Firstly, I wont be looking to do anything drastic like forced induction and I am a believer in trying to keep the OEM feel going on, with a bit of tarting up.

So here goes!

Previously to buying my first NON BMW I owned:

BMW E36 328i Sport

BMW E92 325i MSport

E92_zpsa43b4213.png

The newer BMW was very pretty, but extremely boring. It was untill my next door neighbour who owns a 350z talked me in to getting one!

In novemeber I travelled to Cheltenham to pick her up!

STOCK350_zps53c9dcff.png

stockside_zpsfa57ef9a.png

mensteve_zps4f6c2d19.png

The overall condition of her is absolutely mint, there is not a mark on her and I truly believe that I got a steal for what I paid for her!

She had just 49,000 miles on the clock.

JDM Import

Bose System

Leather

Brembos

Pretty much everything that is worth having, and being on a Import.

I truly love this car, very impressed overall with it!

Then it starts... Some people refer to it as 'Zediditus' I believe...

CF_zps46b9b3e3.png

Carbon Fibre Lip from EPRacing, must say that the carbon is some of the nicest I have seen! Although I will never pay £300 for a front lip EVER again!

SPLITTERFITTED_zpsbef0509e.png

SPLITTERFITTE2_zps68294c05.png

After the front lip, I decided to remove the lead weight in the boot. I think I did this to keep me occupied more than anything! Although my boot did struggle to stay up without hitting me on the head before.

LEADWEIGHT_zps1ba2dbff.png

Spacers - So many mixed opinions about this, people saying it ruins the handling. Which is dumb, because if you do notice a difference it is probably the fact that you have knocked the gemoetry out a little. Anyway, 20mm from and 25mm rear.

SPACERSOFF_zps14482ebf.png

FITTING1_zps31d3646d.png

FITTEDSPACERS_zps6316ed4f.png

After fitting the spacers, I decided that I wanted new wheels. But keeping the OEM theme going I decided to get mine refurbed. I didnt see many people keeping the touring wheels, rather going for Rays. So I thought i'd be different...

WHEELS-SPRAYED_zpsf38f0ac5.png

WHEELSAFTER_zps54fe9b65.png

The images do not do them justice, the finish is fantastic!

Following the wheels, it was becoming apparent that the BOSE system is pretty useless and again, keeping the OEM feel I decided to do the BOSE hack. A very simple job to do, a bit long winded but works like a charm.

DASHOUT_zpsfbd713db.png

BOSEAPART_zpsf4571cc0.png

I used a 15mm drill piece on the cubby hole and plugged it with a rubber gromet to keep it clean, tidy and professional looking.

DRILLHOLE_zps109fb462.png

grommet_zpsb68e9178.png

I also took the 15mm drill piece to my finger. (NOTE: Move your finger from the other side of the cubby hole when drilling through)

OUCH_zps9e11e570.png

Then a stubby ariel from a Honda RDX.

stubby_zpsb169b4c2.png

Then my latest purchase. (And I am sorry to everyone who had their eye on this, but I could not resist)

KAKIMOTO exhaust... WOW.

KAKI_zps1b25e179.png

Fitted this in the pissing rain, dedicated or stupid... You decide.

EXHAUSTOFF_zps0cfb532b.png

The sound of this system is like nothing I have heard, its perfect for me. Nice and quiet untill you stick your foot down and a lovely loud rasp around 3500k. LOVE IT!

KAKIFITTED_zps4cd8a427.png

It sits a little low, which I will be modifying soon.

Next are HSD coilovers to be fitted... I will probably end up lowering it more than I should but we will see!

z33hsddtcoilovers_1.jpg

So far, Ive spent too much money - I'm skint, but addicted! :help:

P.S - I'm also a dab hand at detailing, and love detailing cars! If anyone needs any hints or help dont hesitate to ask!

SNOWFOAM_zpsc4c726d2.png

Edited by Dave-350
  • Like 1

Thats dedication getting it fitted in the rain! Glad it went to a member, gutted I had to sell up as I loved that exhaust! I too wasn't sure in how it hung a bit low at first but it did grow on me a lot. You will have to get a vid up of it with your decats if you have them on.

...... Remember first dibs if you sell the exhaust back on :p would love to have it to hand when I get another zed after I buy this house!

Cal

Awesome work.

Did you use axle stands when you fitted the exhaust? :)

Yes, 4 axle stands although there are not great jacking points on these cars. But I always use the jacks a fraction lower on the off chance the axle stand fail lol, sounds daft I know but it does no harm!

Looking good mate, need to hear how different that exhaust sounds against mine, let me know how you find those HSD DTs as I'm thinking of getting some before I go to the ring

The exhaust has a completely different note to anything I heard at the Box Hill meet, I love it. I didnt fit the Decats but I think it would be even sweeter with them fitted, maybe in the summer time I will get some fitted.

Thats dedication getting it fitted in the rain! Glad it went to a member, gutted I had to sell up as I loved that exhaust! I too wasn't sure in how it hung a bit low at first but it did grow on me a lot. You will have to get a vid up of it with your decats if you have them on.

...... Remember first dibs if you sell the exhaust back on :p would love to have it to hand when I get another zed after I buy this house!

Cal

Ha! Dedication, I had to change clothes 3 times doing that exhaust. And getting the old one off was a nightmare, but the Kakimoto system bolted up perfectly.

The tips hang a little low, I will be taking it off again soon to raise them up. I will probably work on the hangers and knock them up a touch.

I doubt I will sell it, but if I do you will be the first person I call. :)

Nice work. B) I thought about doing exactly the same with my wheels too, but I've managed to source some used 19's from another forum member.

Can't help notice your sig says 'Tein springs'. Will these be up for grabs once the coilovers are fitted? :teeth:

Nice work. B) I thought about doing exactly the same with my wheels too, but I've managed to source some used 19's from another forum member.

Can't help notice your sig says 'Tein springs'. Will these be up for grabs once the coilovers are fitted? :teeth:

To be honest I made the sig just before buying them, so I decided not to buy them and now I cba to change my sig.

Once I get the coilovers on I think I will try and source some new tyres, probably Pilot sports again!