457bhp from 1300cc

Jez @ H-Dev

Yeah, its only 3" but does look large.

The engine was built by a friend of mine - I made the engine loom, fitted and mapped the Syvecs S8. Its running a 350Z drive by wire throttle so we can use auto blip on down shifts and has the bike sequential gearbox. We can do full throttle up shifts too, so no lag at all :D

Going to give it a go on race fuel soon - should go over 500bhp.

The engine was built by a friend of mine - I made the engine loom, fitted and mapped the Syvecs S8. Its running a 350Z drive by wire throttle so we can use auto blip on down shifts and has the bike sequential gearbox. We can do full throttle up shifts too, so no lag at all :D

350 drive by wire throttle with auto blip - rather than the 370 system?

Good work Jez :)

Does that mean you can make any engined car with TBW auto blip on down shift? Can the S6 do this? And is it rev matched like on the DRM on 370 or GTR for example?

Yes, assuming the gearbox / shifter has got the appropriate sensors. On this car we've got a strain sensor on the shift linkage so the ECU knows if you're trying to up or down through the gears.

Edited by Jez

• 1 month later...

Good work Jez :)

Does that mean you can make any engined car with TBW auto blip on down shift? Can the S6 do this? And is it rev matched like on the DRM on 370 or GTR for example?

Yes, assuming the gearbox / shifter has got the appropriate sensors. On this car we've got a strain sensor on the shift linkage so the ECU knows if you're trying to up or down through the gears.

stock the Zed wont do this as Jez says but with a strain gauge fitted yes it is doable, but Bennet we are only quoting to use a S6 not the all singing and dancing S8 like Jez is using on this build.

• 4 months later...

What race fuel are you going to use?

Jez

Got a couple of pictures of this on Saturday -

Got a shot or two of you in the Zed as well - here's the one I think looks best

Weather and track were pretty close to perfect - but my tyres lost about 2mm off the rears and that's without some of Dan's (Ekona's) little sideways entertainments!

IMG_5657_zpsffb42164.jpg

IMG_5663_zps437c4c91.jpg

IMG_5655_zps3ec71e1d.jpg

Edited by ianphampton