Car steaming up and having to run de-mist all the time.

WhackyWill

Hi All.

Got a little problem with the car steaming up all the time, having to run the

de-mist and A/C to clear it. I checked and it said there is not a pollen filter

fitted as sometimes if this is damp it can cause misting up.

Anydody got the answer. Thanks.

Will ... :bang:

is the button set to recirculate or for fresh air. i had mine set on recirculate and it kept steaming up. a suggestion to change it whilst on a meet sorted it out. no problems since

That's what usually does it :) I only ever have mine on re circ for short periods of time, Dartford Tunnel etc.

**edit** Just checked and the manual says:- "Do not use the recirculation mode for long periods at it may cause the interior air to become stale and the windows to fog up" It also recommends that the recirc mode is only used to prevent the ingress of dust when dust is raised in front of the vehicle. It also suggest that AUTO may be normally used all year round as the system automatically works to keep a constant temperature. Air flow distribution and fan speed are also controlled automatically.

• Like 1

Taken from another thread:

Buy a 1kg tub of Kilrock, sprinkle some in a container and place anywhere in the car and it'll suck any moisture out of your car overnight, The container in the morning will be full of water, its the best stuff i've used by far. I got mine from Wilco, can't remember how much it was but it wasn't expensive and it'll last for ages. Problem solved.

I've never understood the recirculate air option - why would you want to breath in your own stink continuously ?

:wacko:

Better than inhaling the fumes being pumped out by the diesel what-sit in front, thats why ;)

I'm sure it's just for you guys that like your own flavour a bit too much :lol:

If you don't want AC on permanently, switch the heater on max temp for about 10 min to dry the moisture left in the system. Then you should be mist free under normal conditions.

But as soon as you put AC on, humidity will build up again in the pipes meaning AC needed again for quick demist or running the he

heating on again to dry the moisture out.

But remember to use AC a few times a month even in winter to lubricate the AC system to prevent cracking pipes and coolant loss.

Keep your fan on very slightly and on the windows, fresh air (not re-circulate) and it'll be fine. Only use the air con if its needed to quick clear otherwise, have it off. Although I've never had an issue with it off is this an older car thing??...Or maybe just the colder weather.

Ah well, I dunno then lol :lol: I remember when thinking about buying them all I saw were Nissans steamed up all the time, my friends was very bad (albeit a Nissan note)...was wondering if the Z would be the same but its been ok. Try the fan thing I said though.

Edited by AMT

I have mine set on auto fan speed and auto "Zone COntrol" all the time, but A/C is off.

I was always under the impression it drinks fuel, plus it saps engine BHP (although in the Zed i beleive it dis-engages when/if you use full throttle)