Audi drivers, did they all have a meeting...

AMT

I agree that certain cars are likely to be bought by a certain 'driving' demographic. I reckon Audi's and BM's are bought by the following people ;

1. People who buy into the 'German' quality thing. It's a fair point, they do tend to feel higher quality - the door close and dash tap test doesn't lie. I wouldn't agree that reliability follows suit though, they have their fair share of shortfalls here.

2. People who want a decent drive (usually applies to BMW's or more capable Audi 'S' models (not S-Line) and 'RS' cars. These people use tailgaiting and light flashing as a last resort and you probably deserve it if you're on the receiving end.

3. Twunts who fell the need to portray an image of success and confidence and get an S Line on the company car scheme. These are likely to be the ones who appear on your ass from nowhere instantly flashing you out of the way. In fact they're probably late for their 'enlargement' appointment :lol:

Interesting that Merc drivers rarely display these tendencies, in my opinion?

I agree that certain cars are likely to be bought by a certain 'driving' demographic. I reckon Audi's and BM's are bought by the following people ;

1. People who buy into the 'German' quality thing. It's a fair point, they do tend to feel higher quality - the door close and dash tap test doesn't lie. I wouldn't agree that reliability follows suit though, they have their fair share of shortfalls here.

2. People who want a decent drive (usually applies to BMW's or more capable Audi 'S' models (not S-Line) and 'RS' cars. These people use tailgaiting and light flashing as a last resort and you probably deserve it if you're on the receiving end.

3. Twunts who fell the need to portray an image of success and confidence and get an S Line on the company car scheme. These are likely to be the ones who appear on your ass from nowhere instantly flashing you out of the way. In fact they're probably late for their 'enlargement' appointment :lol:

Interesting that Merc drivers rarely display these tendencies, in my opinion?

I think that's fair for me, I probably satisfy most of 1 and 2 and maybe a little of 3, I'll let you guess which bit, hint it's not the image, company car, flashing or enlargement bit :blush:

Still at least I'm not going for the old man in a Jag approach, hey Mr Biscuit?! Looking forward to his rant... ;)

Same with m3 drivers they get slagged but they are fine. It's the ones with 318i and the ///M badge on the wrong side you got to watch out for.

I have to say its quite funny been tailgated and than overtaken by a 318M or 320M. Very very occasionally I give into temptation, and test just how quick these 'M' cars are compared to my light modded 335i :lol:

I was actually driving home on the A1 at a leisurely 70mph (Near that anyway :blush: ) when I was tailgated by a guy of about 50 years of age in his Octavia, flashing his lights and being a total c**k !!!!! Obviously he felt the need to push the S5 driver into the inside lane, where there was a procession of drivers doing 60, as I was obvioiusly driving too slowly for him !!!!!!

Despite the urge to floor the car and leave him in my dust i politely indicated and moved to the inside lane. He shot forward at a pace, looked to his left and waved the 'wa**er' sign at me......... I felt really sorry for him when he realised the car in front of me was my sons friend driving his unmarked motorway patrol car (in Bedfordshire its a 325) who was popping round mine for a cuppa and a look at the new car :lol:

Needless to say the tea was brewed and waiting for him by the time he got to mine.

In summary...................................................... It's not the car, it's the driver.

Edited by Builder49
  • Like 1

I was actually driving home on the A1 at a leisurely 70mph (Near that anyway :blush: ) when I was tailgated by a guy of about 50 years of age in his Octavia, flashing his lights and being a total c**k !!!!! Obviously he felt the need to push the S5 driver into the inside lane, where there was a procession of drivers doing 60, as I was obvioiusly driving too slowly for him !!!!!!

Despite the urge to floor the car and leave him in my dust i politely indicated and moved to the inside lane. He shot forward at a pace, looked to his left and waved the 'wa**er' sign at me......... I felt really sorry for him when he realised the car in front of me was my sons friend driving his unmarked motorway patrol car (in Bedfordshire its a 325) who was popping round mine for a cuppa and a look at the new car :lol:

Needless to say the tea was brewed and waiting for him by the time he got to mine.

In summary...................................................... It's not the car, it's the driver.

:lol:

• 2 months later...

So what about if you have an Audi & a 350z. Does the zed cancel out the Audi or the Audi cancel out the zed??

Have to agree with the german quality statements tho, apart from panel gaps most other attributes are average/poor by today's standards. Diesel engines have fragile turbos, rides too stiff & all fun has been removed which is about the only thing they give their cars which aren't optional extras. The list goes on.......

Lay off the Audi drivers I've had an a3 as my daily for four years now and it's been awsome and I don't drive like a dick. Great reliability, economy, handling, styling and build quality what more could you want for a daily.

I've always wanted one of the S audis, mostly the S8, probably since Ronin. I love the idea of a car that looks like an estate agent's runaround, but goes like stink.

But I also like the old Volvo 850 T5 R for the same reason.

I feel dirty saying it.

To be honest I don't think it is all Audi drivers; it is mainly the people who have them as company cars (the A3 and A5 diesels)

People drive them like race cars because they're not theirs. The people that own their own car are fine (or no worse than other drivers)

When people sit right up my a**e I generally slow down until they back off, they usually get the hint (or they aren't sure what I'm going to do next). Either way it gets mes some space safely and it never fails to make me smile :)

This, most of the time anyway. I know I have plenty of power, I don't feel the need to show the Saxo VTR stuck up my exhausts that I do too.

But then, if im in a bad mood I have been known to disappear off into the distance faster than a rabbit down a hole.

I do agree with the questionable driving of seemingly, the vast majority of audi drivers too.

When people sit right up my a**e I generally slow down until they back off, they usually get the hint (or they aren't sure what I'm going to do next). Either way it gets mes some space safely and it never fails to make me smile :)

I do this too, but surprisingly it was an Audi driver who didn't get the message even when I got down to 10 miles an hour :lol:

To be fair anyone would be pi**ed off at someone driving at 10mph on any road

I was doing the speed limit to start with which was 40. But he was so far up my arse I thought he was going to try and give me a prostate exam. So I slowed down to 35, then 30 then 25. Still didn't get the message, so every mile I slowed a little more. If he'd backed off I'd have sped up.

TBH, I've had a few cars, i also work in a hospital and I've honestly had some serious daggers from folk at work because i drive BMW. I think its other folks faults for being so shallow to make there mind up about someone as a result of there car.

Also you can tell folk are thinking "how can he afford that" because they know they earn roughly the same!

Try driving an xkr as a big standard teacher. Comments include....we must be paying you too much....how does a teacher afford one of those....are you rich? ......some people have way too much money. Funny thing is, it cost less to buy than a new ford focus. :lol: