Tablet advice needed!

stuarty

My wife has an ipad 3 and ive got a nexus 7. No comparison, my nexus 7 wipes the floor with her ipad. Whenever I try to use her ipad, it takes me ages to workout where simple things are. And nearly 60% of what I want to do on it I cant. Whereas on my nexus, its all immediately there for me. Ive found no problems at all with laggyness or anything like that. It continuously amazes me at how slick and fast it is. Whether thats browing, typing, playing games or streaming HD movies over my home network from my NAS box.

You can get flash on it - you can install it, and use a browser like firefox.

Maybe its all just a personal thing. Someone who has been using an iphone for 10 years will probably find an ipad easier to use.

I have had every version of iPhone and I am completely with you, why anyone would pay double for an iPad mini over a Nexus is just beyond me it really is :shrug:

Guess its like the nexus 4 phone. Over half the price of the iphone 5 and a better spec. But, people still buy the iphone 5. All down to personal preference. And, once apple lock you in with itunes etc.. something like 80% of apple users stick with apple products rather than go through the hassle of trying to export their music collection etc to somewhere else.

Ive not tried any of the 10" android tablets recently so dont know which would be directly comparable to the ipad in todays market, but android in general has come a long way since the early days. Im running jelly bean on mine and its great.

Just recently bought the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (not the Note).

Had a massive debate with myself whether to buy the Note over

the standard Tab 2.

Based on my lack of use for some of the Notes 'main' features

I shelled out the £279 for the Tab2 from Tesco.

Upon intial usage its been faultless,and has carried out all

tasks well and smoothly. I too by nature hate following a brand purely

based on sales figures and much prefer to buy a product that suits my needs.

Similarly I have the Galaxy S2 and obviously felt right at home with the basic operation

of the tablet.

All in all the advice I can offer is; if you have a purpose for the higher end Note then buy it

but if not, the Tab2 is still a very good product.

A bit of advice I was given from the Samsung rep in Tesco; Samsung will probably not run

another £50 cashback offer on their tablets so it's not worth holding out for another one (like I was :lol: ).

Craig.

Have the Microsoft surface and love it, got keyboard, got mouse scroll pad, runs office, doesn't play flash, but has a usb port and micro sd up to 64gb not had any crash or lag issues. And I run a remote desktop app so I can control my desktop from my tablet, and run windows software via that.

• Like 1

Just recently bought the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (not the Note).

Had a massive debate with myself whether to buy the Note over

the standard Tab 2.

Based on my lack of use for some of the Notes 'main' features

I shelled out the £279 for the Tab2 from Tesco.

Upon intial usage its been faultless,and has carried out all

tasks well and smoothly. I too by nature hate following a brand purely

based on sales figures and much prefer to buy a product that suits my needs.

Similarly I have the Galaxy S2 and obviously felt right at home with the basic operation

of the tablet.

All in all the advice I can offer is; if you have a purpose for the higher end Note then buy it

but if not, the Tab2 is still a very good product.

A bit of advice I was given from the Samsung rep in Tesco; Samsung will probably not run

another £50 cashback offer on their tablets so it's not worth holding out for another one (like I was :lol: ).

Craig.

Thanks for the advice. My son's girlfriend has a wee part time job in Tesco's and she said she would get me her staff discount. Think it's about 10-15%, so happy days!

Ok, so i bought a samsung galaxy tab and it is total crap. The keyboard comes up when you want to type ontop of what you are typing. Then when you scrol down to see the text bo and touch the keyboard again the page reverts to the top of the oage. Exuse any spelling mistale's in this post as i cant see what im typing. Grrrrr!

Ok, so i bought a samsung galaxy tab and it is total crap. The keyboard comes up when you want to type ontop of what you are typing. Then when you scrol down to see the text bo and touch the keyboard again the page reverts to the top of the oage. Exuse any spelling mistale's in this post as i cant see what im typing. Grrrrr!

Can you get a different keyboard app from the play store??

i find it can actually be the web page as well. on here if i use my tablet, i sometimes have to scroll up before i can type in the box even if i click in the box that i can see it doesn;t bring the hole box up. but i have none of these issues on the old forum over at XKEC everything works fine.

if in doubt i just plug the keyboard in and use that on my surface.

Sorted! Took it back to tesco and explained the tablet wasnt broke but was not fit for purpose. The guy tried a different browser (dolphin) and had same issue. So got a full refund.

Sold my sister my ipad 2 for £200 on tuesday and bought another ipad 2 today but had to pay £329 for it. WTF!

Edited by stuarty

Strange you had issues with the Samsung. I'm using a Galaxy Note 10.1 to type this. No issues to date.

Yeah probably was user error. But lets face it, if you buy something new uou expect to be able to type text and be able to see what your writing. Not everyone knows how to change browsers etc. Also apple stores are great places to get help with your apple divices. Take something back for help to tesco or currys and they dont want to spend 5 mins with you.

I hate to say I told you so, but remember my post on the first page...? ;)

• Like 1

Also apple stores are great places to get help with your apple divices.

I don't disagree.

But how many stores are there for the whole of the UK ? (and we have to remember most of their stuff is twice the price of others)

And people who live outside of one of the big cities don't necessarily think that way !! Just food for thought. :stir:

• Like 1

I hate to say I told you so, but remember my post on the first page...? ;)

:smug git: :teeth:

• Like 1

Strange you had issues with the Samsung. I'm using a Galaxy Note 10.1 to type this. No issues to date.

Yeah probably was user error. But lets face it, if you buy something new uou expect to be able to type text and be able to see what your writing. Not everyone knows how to change browsers etc. Also apple stores are great places to get help with your apple divices. Take something back for help to tesco or currys and they dont want to spend 5 mins with you.

I haven't changed any software or downloaded new browsers. It was straight outta the box and I find it a doddle to use :shrug:

I have owned iPhones for 5 yrs, but I will be changing to Samsung when my renewal is up.

It's a personal preference thing though. Some people like Nokia and hate Apple. Some hate Nokia but love Microsoft. Etc etc.

Whatever works for you.