Tablet advice needed!

stuarty

Ok, I sold my iPad 2 and then bought a Samsung galaxy tab 2. I then took that back got a refund and bought an iPad 4. I'm so impressed with it and the whole apple thing compared to android that I went yesterday and bought the new iPad mini and an iPod touch.

I opened a apple I'd account, set everything up on iCloud and I can't believe how easy it all is. Now when I add a picture, song etc all 3 devices update. Also if I add a new app the same happens. Also discovered that when I'm looking at something on the Internet and I swap devices, what I was looking at is on the other device. Love it!

Really like my Samsung galaxy s3 phone but I think I'm hooked and will be swapping it for an iPhone 5 ASAP.

I know you pay a premium for the whole apple thing but I think it's worth it.

Only thing is I don't really notice any difference between the iPad 2 I had and the new iPad 4, but I'm not really a tech geek.

Should you need AV software on a tablet though? More of a rhetorical question than anything.

Those who compromise (I'm not allowed to say Jailbroken . . :lol: ) their devices will be far more at risk, its too late by the time AV picks it up though :surrender:

Should you need AV software on a tablet though? More of a rhetorical question than anything.

Those who compromise (I'm not allowed to say Jailbroken . . :lol: ) their devices will be far more at risk, its too late by the time AV picks it up though :surrender:

You don't jailbreak an android tablet you root it :ninja:

I am quite partial to a good root :thumbs:

Ok, I sold my iPad 2 and then bought a Samsung galaxy tab 2. I then took that back got a refund and bought an iPad 4. I'm so impressed with it and the whole apple thing compared to android that I went yesterday and bought the new iPad mini and an iPod touch.

I opened a apple I'd account, set everything up on iCloud and I can't believe how easy it all is. Now when I add a picture, song etc all 3 devices update. Also if I add a new app the same happens. Also discovered that when I'm looking at something on the Internet and I swap devices, what I was looking at is on the other device. Love it!

Really like my Samsung galaxy s3 phone but I think I'm hooked and will be swapping it for an iPhone 5 ASAP.

Only thing is I don't really notice any difference between the iPad 2 I had and the new iPad 4, but I'm not really a tech geek.

From what I can tell the difference between an iPad2 and an iPad4 is about £300 :lol:

Glad you have seen the light :stir:

• Like 1

From what I can tell the difference between an iPad2 and an iPad4 is about £300 :lol:

Glad you have seen the light :stir:

Yip, no way back. I think if your computer minded and want to mess about with your stuff then android is the way to go. But if your like me and just want to do the usual stuff then you cany wack them.

iPads are the BMW's of the tablet world! Lol.

Edited by stuarty

see i know where your coming from but i've gone windows. my tablet talks to my desktop, updates its apps between the 2 (where possible) i can use my desktop on my tablet.

I'm actually finding my android phone the weak link at the moment. and i've loved my adroid phones. but in 18 months time i think i may be getting a windows phone and hopefully they'll all talk to each other.

and i think thats the thing, your better to stick to one set of hardware sometimes as it works well to together. I can understand why my wife loves her apple stuff. i don;t judge her for it.

i'd probalby say on a tablet level, her ipad is better than my surface, but i like the OS and i don;t get on with apple products. its not that they aren't good its just i'm not an apple person :shrug:

• Like 1

Yeah but Rich a lot of the windows apps are complete and utter cack, they will get better I am sure but a lot at the moment are rediculously crude and simple...

I am just greedy I have a PC a Mac, an iPhone & an Android tablet so I can speak from experience when I say they all work, some are simple, some not, some very customisable some really really not... doesn't make any of them bad, just different and anyone who say any of the above are crap or useless is a complete tool :p