confused what do i do :(

balla

Im having a bit a situation and i dont know what to do as bad as this may sound i am getting bored of my 350z :sorry: i never thought this day would come i love driving it still but it lacks the power i wish it had and i dont have the money to get the real gains out of it. what other cars are out there that will match it on driving pleasure but beat it on speed

P.S please dont hate me :surrender:

Oh dear.... lol Erm, M3 of the same era...just. I dunno, in terms of speed I don't know, you don't want to spend money on gains for the Z but for a decent bit more performance you're likely to pay more for the next car whatever it might be. You might have to jump into 2nd hand 911 teritory? The're will be ones that are quicker feeling and slightly better but for the same sort of money it won't be huge jump in ..oompf I wouldn't think... unless you wanna go old...XKR..etc?

Been there got the t-shirt, I went to the S2000, didn't have more power, but it was a lot better drive, then moved to the xkr, to me it has been one of my best moves, the v8 the supercharger and the comfort and kit. Handles well, but is a bit wafty. That can be fixed. Yes its a luxo barge, yes there is wood on the dash, that can be changed too. But straight line oomph is very good, its easy to get more out of it. Its different, and its n ot to everyones taste. What's your budget? If you can get the newer shape it makes it less wafty and more focussed. Other options might be an older 911, Monaro, or vxr

well i recon i can get 6k for mine and i have about 4k saved to put to it i was looking at using this money to boost up the power but everywhere i looked that money would only get me like 50 more bhp unless i have been looking in the wrong places

i have been looking at the bmw 6 series they are not alot of money for what you get as you say and havnt really thought about an rs4 thought with it being a big saloon car it wouldnt have the same feel but i might be wrong

i have been looking at the bmw 6 series they are not alot of money for what you get as you say and havnt really thought about an rs4 thought with it being a big saloon car it wouldnt have the same feel but i might be wrong

Rs4 will have quattro which i have on a derv TT and it makes the car so chuckable a saloon will feel like a coupe

A quattto TT would utterly dick a Zed in terms of handling

But then you have to be seen driving a TT :)

I think you are getting handling and road holding confused as the TT is not a good handling car.

All very well saying an RS4 but if your budget is 10k, you need to think seriously about whether you want the extra running costs of these much older performance cars.

Edited by S1 HNK
  • Like 1

Rs4 will have quattro which i have on a derv TT and it makes the car so chuckable a saloon will feel like a coupe

Sayy what? Audi are notorious for its understeer. buy a hot hatch instead if that what you want IMO more fun.

Evo, scooby,s2k, 640i, cl600, e55 amg, e46 m3 etc etc.

Sayy what? Audi are notorious for its understeer. buy a hot hatch instead if that what you want IMO more fun.

Evo, scooby,s2k, 640i, cl600, e55 amg, e46 m3 etc etc.

Perhaps it's comparing apples and oranges as the TT has 100 bhp less than the zed but it literally never ever loses grip.......ever

Impreza STI, or if you can put up with the running costs then an evo. 10k will get you a very fast AWD turbo saloon with loads of tuning potential to keep your interest up. Bang for buck there's not alot else.

Edited by kris

SELL your current Zed. BUY a zed with a turbo or supercharger already bolted on - job done :D

You're right it is too expensive to go down the FI route from scratch, but if you wait long enough the right turbo'd zed will come along for about £8-9k with all the work already done.

• Like 1

I came out of a 400bhp evo 8 into the zed. Outright performance is fantastic, I had mine timed to 60mph in 3.9sec and 1/4 mile in 12.4. Top speed an indicated 170+ Not alot else can get close for the money but be prepared for serious running costs. The engines are pretty much bullet proof on the 8 and 9 @400bhp but the car in general does require alot of tlc. The AYC takes some getting used to. Not to expensive to get good power out of. A second car is advisable. I'll be back in one at some point but will have a second car this time

Different drive to the zed but you can be alot more aggressive with it.