Top Gear is back 27th Jan 13

Wasso

Going by my previous posts in this thread many of you may be surprised to find out that I really enjoyed Sunday's episode.

They seem to do these supercar travelling trips very well. I think it's because the jokes happen naturally while the cameras are rolling rather than the same old crap being regurgitated in the studio. Even Hammond was bareable - but I was still glad he lost :stir:

Loved the dog fighting with the planes too. I really want to do one of those laser dog-fight flying days but I bet they aren't cheap.

That was a quick turn-around for TG too. Driving the vanquish and it has only been out a couple of months. Normally it takes them at least 8/9 months ;)

I hope (if they do it) James does the review for the latest (not new ;) ) boxter, as he won't have larkson's 'same at both ends' or Hammonds 'poor-mans porsche' point of view.

I'm also hoping for drives of the Agera R, Ferarri F12, 991 911, and BMW M135I.

That was a good episode after the (in my opinion) TERRIBLE first episode. Let's hope it wasn't the high-point of the series. :snack:

If you have such a bad opinion about the show, it's content, the presenters etc, why bother watching it?!

People seem to slate Top Gear for all the same reasons, yet they continue to watch it each and every week

Because sometimes they do a great show, like Sunday's. And I love exotic cars and want to see every bit of footage i can about them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was fun watching tonight... the rugby game was great... but can anyone tell me how they can afford to wreck all those brand new Kia's? Im not having a dig i just want to know how they did it...! Obviously they wouldnt have gone out and spend £250k on all those cars but who would even lend them to them knowing they'd get wrecked?

That was a quick turn-around for TG too. Driving the vanquish and it has only been out a couple of months. Normally it takes them at least 8/9 months ;)

You are aware that the footage for the show is filmed quite a bit in advance which is why they dont have the latest cars straight away?

Well that was fun watching tonight... the rugby game was great... but can anyone tell me how they can afford to wreck all those brand new Kia's? Im not having a dig i just want to know how they did it...! Obviously they wouldnt have gone out and spend £250k on all those cars but who would even lend them to them knowing they'd get wrecked?

For the exposure they get I guess it's part of Kia'a advertising budget

yep all about the exposure....millions of people worldwide will view the episode with Kia getting a great portion of air time throughout the hour long show. If they were to run an international advertising campaign it would surely cost a lot more than 10 cars worth.

I wonder what they do to them afterwards....repaired or scrapped?

Hamiltons lap was incredible, chuffed for him.

I don't like the mastretta...looked like someone had driven a Smart roadster into a wall...twice

Really disappointed with tonight's show, who honestly wants to watch old people being driven around in a fiat multipla! Hopefully the Xmas special for the next couple of weeks is better, also why is each series getting shorter, only 5 this time not including the specials, surely it must be one of the BBCs biggest shows so why not do more of them

I've started watching it recorded tbh, if I start it 30 minutes late I can generally finish the show at the normal time after I've fast-forwarded the boring bits.

I do that will all shows these days.

I no longer suffer the 'coming up' section before a break and the 'previously on' section after the break......really grinds my gears.

With re runs of top gear, fast forwarding through commercials and the star in the reasonably priced car is a god send.

:surrender: ... Hammond made his face even more punchable when he was doing the Mini thing. this series i have just had it on while on the Xbox. if something interesting comes on i an pause my game. Lets just say i got quite far through my game last night until Brian Cox came on. Speaking of Brian Cox. did anyone else start laughing their ass off when he was masturbating the plastic rod or am i just a child? :lol:

:surrender: ... Hammond made his face even more punchable when he was doing the Mini thing. this series i have just had it on while on the Xbox. if something interesting comes on i an pause my game. Lets just say i got quite far through my game last night until Brian Cox came on. Speaking of Brian Cox. did anyone else start laughing their ass off when he was masturbating the plastic rod or am i just a child? :lol:

But have to agree with him about the Mini facelift - as bad as those Scorpio/Impreza 'facelifts' that makes you wonder if they were done by 'designers' who was welll overdue for their appointments at specsavers

Fifth gear yes it's on Discovery or something which is a bit odd.

Well I had forgotten the whole show till I read this thread update.

Very poor, funny in places but guys come on, get back to the decent stuff we love.

The next two weekends should be good and will recover well I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Well all over for another series, the last 2 episodes were ok but we have seen it all before.... crossing rivers, getting stuck, sleeping in the cars... even the stupid joke that car photographers can't capture pics of animals.... So lame now it needs to be taken out into the woods and put out of its misery :surrender:

I actually enjoyed it.

Okay so it wasn't fantastic, but some very humorous bits. Just shows how you can bash the hell out of a £1,500 car and still judt about make it. Some epic car failure though.

Dave I'd stick to Antiques road show if I was you :stir:

Well all over for another series, the last 2 episodes were ok but we have seen it all before.... crossing rivers, getting stuck, sleeping in the cars... even the stupid joke that car photographers can't capture pics of animals.... So lame now it needs to be taken out into the woods and put out of its misery :surrender:

Not really a joke is it....more funny that their cameramen are so inept at getting any decent wildlife footage despite being surroujeed by ot :lol:

I thouht last niht was epic. The makeshift handbrake was hilarious :lol: try telling me that was scripted!

I still stand by ky claim that its the best show on tv by far