My Yellow 350z GT4 for sale - £7250, low miles!

Beau

Regarding the CAT D on insurance. The car is not logged as CAT D or having any accident at all.

Then what makes it a Cat D, if its not recorded as a cat D, Its not, its just another accident damaged repaired car.

There are 1000's of cars out there which have been repaired and not recorded.

Just most don't say anything if its not recorded

Unfortunately I agree with Sarnie.

As you documented and recorded on this forum the damage and repair you will find it difficult to sell it on here at this price.

I am considering a cat D 370z at the moment so I'm not biased but its 40% under market value and needs to be to sell.

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've been on this forum.

I'm a bit confused Beau, in your original post on page 1 you say it is registered as a Cat D and now you say it's not. Could you clarify this for potential buyers. :shrug:

To clarify things, when I bought the car it was for sale as a "CAD D". This I imagine would have been what the insurance company accessed the damage to be. Now I'm not certain on how it works, but I think it works partly on the value to repair the car to what the cars worth...

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is the cars not actually registered as a "CAD D" but upon receiving it, it was advertised so. On the DVLA V5 it does not state any form of accident or CAD D in it's history.

I know it seems this cars been for sale for 2 years, but I've been using it and this is the first time I am serious about selling it as I'm migrating to the US. However if it does not sell for around what I am asking I will be taking her to the US with me. I get the feeling a lot of people on this forum feel I have bodged this job and fixed it up on scrap but that is certainly not the case. My 16 year old son encouraged me buying the car as his all time favourite car was the 350z and at the time unaffordable for me until this this came up. I then bought it and me and my boys brought it back into life. CAD D's may go for 40% less value but I couldn't care less. I know what the cars worth to me and I'm happy to keep it if it doesn't sell. She's more than a piece of metal to me.

Also the whole reason why I documented it on here was for the enjoyment of you guys as well as receiving help from the community which was fantastic. The original reason why I have put this up for sale is because my other son has purchased a bare supra sell and we now have plans on building up a custom Supra. Alongside this I only drive her 6 months of the year and put on less than 3000 miles so she's not getting used much, as the milleage shows.

Anyway she's coming out of hibernation soon for her last few months on British soil (if she doesn't sell) so anyone wanting to check her out in flesh is welcome.

Just to clear some things incase people want to know: If a vehicle is subject to a total loss claim (Cat ?) at the very bottom of the VT5 under special notes It may say the vehicle has suffered a 'total loss claim' (not in all cases though!). The only definitive way to find out is a HPI check... Any car that is damaged and claimed for through insurers will be assesed on cost to repair, against book value of the vehicle it has nothing to do with the type of damage (water, fire, accident or hammer etc). A car can have sustained major damage and not be recorded as CAT anything if it never goes to insurers. In the same respect a car can also have relatively minor damage and be written off by insurers as a CAT D (depending on cost to repair against the book value of the car). A good example of this would be a car thats had it's seats slashed!

One thing is for sure due to the risky nature of purchasing a car that insurers have deemed 'non economical to repair' (CAT ?) the value of that car on the market is greatly reduced (however good the repairs are) mainly due to it being harder to re-sell on after purchase. I don't know that there is a specific 'mark down value' my guess is that the value greatly depends on the individual cercumstances.

In my opinion you will be hard pushed to sell that type of car for that price as most people looking for one of these will have done their homework and seen similar cars for similar prices without the looming CAT D label, and you can't sell it without making the buyer aware as you could be prosecuted for that!

So in short it looks like you have a wicked car there with a label thats making it hard to sell. My thoughts are, drop the price if you 'really' want to sell it (by at least a grand I recon) or keep it if you can't bare to part with it for less than you think its worth! :shrug:

Just my advice on it (as I have been where you are)

Good Luck :teeth:

I'd recommend you do a HPI check yourself and then offer that as proof that it is not recorded as a Cat D.

I also strongly urge any potential buyer to do their own HPI check, and get an independent engineers report.

I understand you are probably just wanting to get your money back that you put into it. But regardless of whether it is recorded damage or not, the car has been acknowledged to have suffered enough damage for an insurance company to write it off.

As such, it should be classed in any buyer or sellers eyes as a Cat D car. Which means you will not get market value for it.

And as for exporting your car to the US - good luck with that. It's is a complete pain in the arse and will cost you a fair sum. The 350z is pretty cheap over there, you would be better cutting your losses here, selling for £6k, and buying another over in the US.

It was bought at a salvage auction as a cat d, it's not on the v5 because they never say cat d on them. As soon as you hpi this car it will come back on the database as recorded. I remember it's a decent enough car but u may just need to reduce the price a little for a sale to be had as whatever sentimental value this car holds to you it won't mean diddly squat to the next guy. Good luck anyway :thumbs:

Wow all that work and effort is getting ripped apart. Shame the colours not what I'm looking for otherwise I may consider, but would prob look at it structurally sound etc, not that don't trust you but hey, driving at 100mph, don't want anything going wrong. The mot would definitely help give that reassurance.

I'm sorry you're getting all this flack Beau but I seem to remember you sprayed the car in less than perfect conditions and therefore I'm out ...

please correct me if I'm wrong

I'm sorry you're getting all this flack Beau but I seem to remember you sprayed the car in less than perfect conditions and therefore I'm out ...

please correct me if I'm wrong

Yep I remember the pics of the car being sprayed............................. :scare:

Not going to stick my oar in about the condition of the car as I've never seen it but you may want to consider getting this topic locked. You would be best off starting a new for sale ad addressing everyones concerns listed in the 4 pages so far. If you've no interest in showing everyone the quality of the repair or an HPI report to prove it's not a registered write off then you are going to struggle.

This car will NOT sell itself due to the sketchy history and debatable condition that people seem to think it's in, the only way it will is if you prove to people it's worth what you're asking.

I'm only trying to be constructive but GLWTS, you're going to need it.

Here's a link to help you create a well written, constructive ad that will help you sell your car: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82066-immaculate-uk-350-for-sale-now-sold/

• Like 1

My offer of 6.5k still stands, same offer I made you this time last year. Let me know:)

J.

Say Whaaaat :yuck: Without Hesitating I would take this offer... Without hesitating... take it... its a very good offer!

My offer of 6.5k still stands, same offer I made you this time last year. Let me know:)

J.

Say Whaaaat :yuck: Without Hesitating I would take this offer... Without hesitating... take it... its a very good offer!

I concur. Take it! B)

James