BBC Sports personality

AK350Z

Certainly fulfils the "personality" part! I didn't really think he would get it, but obviously amazing to see another cyclist win.

I'd like to put my pound in Ennis. :wink:

Better start putting some track time in then marra! :wink:

I thought you had to have a personality to be a winner?

arogant pr1ck isn't a personality in my opinion

Can't work out who you're talking about

Bradley Wiggens

If you're going to diss him then at least spell his name right Rich :1:

Arrogant, I'll give you that he's a little bit, but then most sports people are, you dont get to the top of your game not believing in yourself. Pr!ck I think is harsh, he certainly isnt one IMO. At least it wasnt another footballer that won it eh :yawn:

At least it wasnt another footballer that won it eh :yawn:

I just looked this up, did you know that footballers have only won it five times? Moore, Gazza, Owen, Becks and Giggs. There's an equal number of cricketers and boxers (although Henry Cooper won it twice), cycling is now only one behind with four winners, F1 has six wins although only over four different people. Athletics wins by miles with a whopping seventeen winners!

At least it wasnt another footballer that won it eh :yawn:

I just looked this up, did you know that footballers have only won it five times? Moore, Gazza, Owen, Becks and Giggs. There's an equal number of cricketers and boxers (although Henry Cooper won it twice), cycling is now only one behind with four winners, F1 has six wins although only over four different people. Athletics wins by miles with a whopping seventeen winners!

Yeah, I was just going to say it was another cyclist! :lol: Especially so soon after Cav won.

Not sure how Murray got so many votes over some of the other Olympians, especially Mo and Hoy.

And here's Wiggo teasing the french media ;)

sorry but theres been a few times i've seen him where he just been plain rude. or blaming other things instead of just saying "i c0cked up" i agree he is a great cyclist, possibly one of the best we've ever had. but there are others on the team who are good but far more humble and polite.

and no you don;t need to be arrogant to be a great winning sportsman.

sorry but theres been a few times i've seen him where he just been plain rude. or blaming other things instead of just saying "i c0cked up" i agree he is a great cyclist, possibly one of the best we've ever had. but there are others on the team who are good but far more humble and polite.

and no you don;t need to be arrogant to be a great winning sportsman.

He can come over as rude at times but he's really a fairly normal bloke. He lives in a house that many on here could afford, drives a 12 year old Golf, doesn't have a trophy wife and dislikes being famous. He runs his kids to school every day, likes a pint or two and has a great sense of humour.

And yes, there are many top sportsmen and women who are very down to earth without any trace of arrogance like say Jess Ennis or Paula Radcliffe. Those who showed arrogance through their careers like Ali, Spitz, Carl Lewis, Ovett and Coe or Schummi were actually quite likeable once they retired.

Pete

A lot of the arrogance is just for show to others, almost as a defence mechanism. If you are too nice then you are likely to get **** on at some point. Same as in real life. You need to have some arrogance in sport to be able to promote yourself to top teams and get a place, like, oh say at the top of Team Sky? :lol: They dont just hand you positions like that you know :1: