So excited as I'm looking for my first Z

T.C

Hiya everyone.

I live in Hampshire, retired 8 years ago to bring up my little girl who is now 6 and it's my birthday today, 51 and I'm looking for my first ever Z.

I have been reading and reading until it hurts and looking at any pictures I can find as OMG they are a great looking car.

I'm not into modifying cars, just subtle changes that could add value or beauty to the look so I'm looking for a straight unmolested version.

Currently have a very nice 5 series with M Tech bits and just sold an immaculate 911 Carrera Cabriolet.

I know very little about engines/mechanics but have had a fair piece of training in the handling department ( of cars ) as well as the psychology of driving. I'm a bit of "enthusiastic" about the safety side of driving as I've picked up to many body parts on the road side and then watch people and families fall to pieces when you tell them what happened whilst trying to hold back tears yourself.

I love looking for a nice car, that's half the fun. I love gadgets so looking for one with tons of toys.

I am always willing and get a lot of satisfaction helping anyone even if it's just advice.

Right, I'm off to the wanted section now to post an ad for my new wheels, yeahhhh. :D

:welcome: Did you used to be in the popo or something?

I've no idea what popo is mate, you youngsters and your slang ;)

Retired at 43??? I want whatever your job was :D

Trust me dude, you don't. Your never in the right, you can never do the right thing, you can never do enough for folks and 99 times out of a hundred they don't want to see you. BUT, you never ever know what the next job is going to be. :shrug:

Guessing your ex-police, something i was looking into doing.

Good luck with the hunt

If it's something you would like to do then go for it, it can be very frustrating but it can be the most rewarding job in the world. The vast majoity do it for the same reason " to make a difference" but sure it can be so very tough at times too. I did as I was coming to the end of a long stint in the forces and I remember my girlfriend at the time saying she was getting a taxi home from her friends because she didn't feel safe. I though hard about that and thought wouldn't it be nice to be a figure on the street that someone would see at night and feel a little safer.

If your passion is driving then you have no idea what levels you can get trained to in a vehicle. People claim they can drive a car, yeah right. Believe me you would not imagine in your wildest dreams what you can learn

Hey Humpy, I'm in Chandlers Ford just South of Winchester :)

Edited by topcop