18" Rays or 19"...?

Whazza22

Been looking for some new alloys for a while now and trying to decide what to do lol

Need to replace my 17" standard wheels.

Seen some 18" rays for sale but a lot of people say they look to small on a 350z. I know they are quite common though and I have some spacers to fit.

The other option is some 19" alloys but are twice the price.

Any thoughts?

Well I have bit the bullet and next week going to 19s from 18's as im definatley not going for the go but going for the show!

What you getting?

Well im trying to be all ninja :ninja: about it, problem is im way to excited to contain myself! Had to tell a couple of people I.e Bob for his top notch expertise :thumbs: They will be arriving later part of next week and all I can say is they are super sexy B) and pics will be up just as quick lol

Edited by Humpy

Well I have bit the bullet and next week going to 19s from 18's as im definatley not going for the go but going for the show!

What you getting?

Well im trying to be all ninja about it :ninja: Though had to tell a couple of people I.e Bob for his top notch expertise :thumbs: They will be arriving later part of next week and all I can say is they are super sexy B)

Looking forward to the pics then Steve B)

• 1 month later...

What you getting?

Well im trying to be all ninja about it :ninja: Though had to tell a couple of people I.e Bob for his top notch expertise :thumbs: They will be arriving later part of next week and all I can say is they are super sexy B)

Well? We are waiting...

I have 30mm lowering springs at home if I needed to fit them.

Do rays still make it look like it needs lowering?

If not then I will get rid of springs.

with 19" you can get away without lowering, if you get them in a good offset to bring them out of the arches

I really like the 18inch rays. I had a 2008 Astra VXR with 18's then a 2009 vxr with 19's. My last car was a bmw with 18's and my current bmw has 19's. I really think the 19's wasted the driving experience on both cars. 19's do look great though!

What you getting?

Well? We are waiting...

A few pics at the bottom of the page, need to get some better shots but with the weather at the moment havent managed to get any.

Definately a different ride with the 19's and not for the better unfortunatley but hey ho thats the price you pay for running 19's I guess :)

i ve just put my 18inch ruff racing wheels back on (20 off set with 20mm spacer front =0 offset and 23mm rear =+3..) and have notice the differant already....saying that the 19s will be back on as soon as the weather improves..all but in a new colour scheme with more poke :teeth:

its all about the look for me.

Edited by buster

If the 19s are light you won't notice the difference, it's the wider tyres most 19s run that change the handling.

If you ran the 19s from the G35 with the OEM tyres you wouldn't notice the difference i don't believe.

Edited by 350Ad