So gutted :(

TEMPERZ

Hi all,

unfortunately at around 2pm on Sunday I had an accident in my Z :( ! The car is a write off and we got away without any major injuries after being in hospital for 2 days.

Came off of a roundabout and around a sweeping left hand bend onto a dual carriage way and the only thing I can think of is diesel spilt on the road as you could see the rainbow patterns on the tarmac, full opposite lock, caught it 3 times but it just went too far the 4th and I met a tree quite heavily. Traction was on and it caught me completely by surprise :( , makes me sick every time I look at it :(

Really was the best car I've ever had, preferred it hands down to all the skylines I've had. Hoping one day to get another, maybe a 370.

Well as I didn't hit another car or damage any property I wont go through insurance, it will make the my company premium go up by such a huge amount that it out weighs the benefit. I will end up breaking the car I think, I have someone who may be interested in buying it complete, just waiting to hear back.

I will post up some pics if I can.

As said, cars can be replaced, people cant

feel your pain mate.

Went through the same thing with my VXR8. caught it a couple of times, but lost the last one. Luckily mine wasn't a write off.

But, waslking away unhurt is all that matters.

very sorry for you mate, i had EXACTLY the same accident just over a year ago, TC on and everything. Wrote mine off too...

I felt sick for ages imagining if somebody had been walking down the grass verge i was skating over before i hit the tree/bushes. Still feel a bit ill now and again thinking about that.

Good news is i ended up with an even better Z with lower miles!

I really hope you manage to get back in the saddle mate, if you feel down about it just chat to the loons on here...cant stay sad for long listening to their insanity :wacko:

Well as I didn't hit another car or damage any property I wont go through insurance, it will make the my company premium go up by such a huge amount that it out weighs the benefit. I will end up breaking the car I think, I have someone who may be interested in buying it complete, just waiting to hear back.

I will post up some pics if I can.

As said, cars can be replaced, people cant

I guess you cant really check to see what difference it makes to your insurance without letting them know you have had an accident, but id certainly avoid making a claim if you can, unless the difference in amount you will get for your car is significantly different.

My missus had an accident in her sports car a few years back and whilst they repaired it, the increase in insurance afterwards meant she could no longer afford to insure it and had to sell it and get a cheap diesel car instead. I think in her case because her ncb was not protected she lost 2 years worth, leaving her with only 2 years NCB. Something like that anyway!

Good to see you're ok - sad news on the zed.

Remember though - many insurance companies now ask 'any accidents' as well as 'any claims' so you may be just as well going through the insurance - it is afterall what it is there for and you would get full market value.

very sorry for you mate, i had EXACTLY the same accident just over a year ago, TC on and everything. Wrote mine off too...

I felt sick for ages imagining if somebody had been walking down the grass verge i was skating over before i hit the tree/bushes. Still feel a bit ill now and again thinking about that.

Good news is i ended up with an even better Z with lower miles!

I really hope you manage to get back in the saddle mate, if you feel down about it just chat to the loons on here...cant stay sad for long listening to their insanity :wacko:

Not quite.......you blamed it on yourself and not the fabled 'diesel' (yes yes I've used that excuse myself as well before now!)

Unlucky TemperZ but look on the bright side

A. Your ok and so is everyone else.

B. You get to go car shopping!

1 accident won't cause too much bother with the insurance.

Edited by Ricey