I shook you up

And turned her around

Turned her into someone new.

Now five years later on she's got the world at her feet

Success has been so easy for her.

But don't forget it's me who putherou where she is now

And I can put her back down too.

Don't

Don't you want me? - You know I can't believe it .....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a theory with online dating. Any women on here care to agree or disagree?

Online dating:

It is a place where women go, sign up, often write very crap (or non existent) profiles. They then expect to sit back and let the guys come to them.

The problem with this is all girls on those sites get messages regardless of what they say or look like, this makes their ego's grow, so then they start to become very very picky. This even applies to shall we say the 'slightly larger variety', the sort that wouldn't get looked at twice in the real world. But because they get lots of messages from guys (obviously just after one thing, but they don't know that) they choose the best looking blah blah you get the rest.

What this does is makes it 10 times harder for us genuine guys who have common interests etc to get a reply and maybe lead on to a date.

Makes sense. Oh and on profiles they all want someone tall. Doesn't give much hope to us vertically challenged men.

I have a theory with online dating. Any women on here care to agree or disagree?

Online dating:

It is a place where women go, sign up, often write very crap (or non existent) profiles. They then expect to sit back and let the guys come to them.

The problem with this is all girls on those sites get messages regardless of what they say or look like, this makes their ego's grow, so then they start to become very very picky. This even applies to shall we say the 'slightly larger variety', the sort that wouldn't get looked at twice in the real world. But because they get lots of messages from guys (obviously just after one thing, but they don't know that) they choose the best looking blah blah you get the rest.

What this does is makes it 10 times harder for us genuine guys who have common interests etc to get a reply and maybe lead on to a date.

Makes sense. Oh and on profiles they all want someone tall. Doesn't give much hope to us vertically challenged men.

Don't worry about that, I'm 6ft so I'm generally taller than the majority of girls (and their high heels) yetthat hasn't exactly helped me. :dry:

Online dating:

Just say your Tall and carry a couple of phone books about with you :lol:

Online dating:

Just say your Tall and carry a couple of phone books about with you :lol:

Just tell them you've got a big personality, if they are that shallow they aren't worth the effort from my experiences :)

Originally my wife and I went to the same college, even hung out in the same circle of friends, i.e there were friendhip overlaps. she's even in theend of year photo, 4 people away from me. and taking all that into account. i don't remember her at all from college.

so i suppose we offical met up when she got in contact with me via myspace. i think she was a friend of a friend, she remembered me from college, and had seen i was just qualifiying as teacher, and she was due to start training. we got chatting over the web and it ended up she invited me out for a celebration drink when i qualified. went from there really. i think it was 6 months later we were engaged and 12 months after that we were married.

now been happily married for 4 years today (its our anniversary today)

with reference to dating and finding women, i used to see pubs and clubs as places you'd pick up someone for a fling or a one nighter, but never someone serious.

and i fould i had the best luck when i wasn't even looking. and therefore not trying.

Been on match.com for the last two months and all I seem to attract is cougars. :-[

Give the cougars a chance, I'm 26 and have been with a few cougars, they are generaly more down to earth, relaxed and easy going along with a lot of 'experience'

Fair enough, just remember the saying "it will happen when you least expect it" and "a watched kettle never boils"

i hate cliches, but have to say this is very true advice. gave up and found my wife. even tried pretending to give up just to see if i could trick the system but that didn;t work, it was oly when i actually got to a point of thinking its never going to happen. it happened.

go out have fun, get some hobbies that gets you interacting with the opposite sex. car forums are never going to get you laid.

...... car forums are never going to get you laid.

I think several members who have already posted on this thread would beg to differ :lol:

until recently this forum had about 3 women on it. all of a sudden it does seem to have been an eostrogen explosion on this forum (which is a good thing) i always said the zed was a girls car :stir:

yes a few members have struck it lucky shall we say, but car forums are predominently male orientated. so unless you like to play hide the sausage. there are better places to find a lady. mums.net for instance :lol:

I met Bob in a pub while I was out with the girls - he was meant to be a one night stand but he came back the next day.. and the next...and the next - you get the picture.

As far as dating sites go - be honest and dont expect too much - then if you meet someone it will be a pleasant suprise :)

I met Bob in a pub while I was out with the girls - he was meant to be a one night stand but he came back the next day.. and the next...and the next - you get the picture.

As far as dating sites go - be honest and dont expect too much - then if you meet someone it will be a pleasant suprise :)

Yer He's like that :lol::p